Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Dublin to Goa
20 Posts
Gail if you hear any more on this will you let me know please it would be real handy for us too .....Hubby did have a look but we cant see anything about it we think if it was going to happen they would have it on their site by now ...colleen
Hopefully competion for Qatar will mean better prices from Manchester. Lol Joanne can Goa cope with you and John twice a year mate Xxx
:rofl MazD there will be no more twice a year to Goa from now on it will be a 6 week visit ..would be nice to be able to go from Dublin all the same I will keep an eye on this thread you never know never say never .. :cheers
Absolutely brilliant if this is true, keep us informed GEC
GEC do you know Emirates are now flying to Goa from Dublin it started in the last week or two ...colleen
As far as the Emirates web pages, go all flights from the UK and Ireland are routed through their Dubai hub. The option offered on their site is via Dubai, then a flight to Bangalore with Emirates, where you then change to another carrier for the last Bangalore- Goa leg. This is much the same as flying Dubai-Mumbai- Goa.As far as I am aware at present only Qatar, of the Middle East Airlines, are offering a flight direct into Goa.
Alan
well I stand corrected ..what I mean is People in Ireland can now get to Goa with out having to go to the Uk first ....
Gail, Emirates are offering some good deals from Dublin at the moment to Mumbai via Dubai.saw some dates in Feb/March for 450 euro, long stopiver in Dubai on return is only problem.
We booked BA from Heathrow/Dubai and Air india Dubai/Goa
Air India seem to be the only airline flying direct to Goa from
Dubai,this give,s us the chance to have a few days in Dubai as
we have have done the Delhi and Mumbai stop over,s
leaving Heathrow Sunday 5th Feb flight to Goa Tuesday 7th Feb
annx :)
Thanks for the info. I'm just going to check out flights now. We are considering going via Dublin and maybe stopping off in Bangalore en route. Don't know yet, will depend on prices and times etc. Not even sure of our dates yet but it'll probably have to be 2nd and 3rd week of April. It'so hot then but we need to be here for the last week in March. We've been before around that time and survived.
Sorry. Spike and B. Bluenose, looks like our paths won't cross this time. :(
Usually we stay a few days in Mumbai but wouldn't mind seeing somewhere different. Saw Bangalore on TV programme last night with John Sargeant. Looked interesting. Am I right in thinking some of you on here went there for the cricket last year?
Will let you know how I get on. Flights are never an easy or cheap option for us poor Irish. Lol
Gail xxx
Gail it was us who went to Bangalore Irish Noel and his mrs were with us to see Ireland stuff England at the cricket :rofl history was made and it was really brill to be there when it happened .....you will be well pleases at the prices to go from dublin if your going any time now ..let me know how you get on colleen
Hi gail you have the option with emirates to just fly to mumbai and book an internal flight with who ever you want eg kingfisher air india you dont have to go via bangalore they only quote this route if you put dublin to goa,so just put dublin to mumbai btw have you checked out there prices in nov/dec dublin to mumbai 890 euros for 2 return unfortunately it is to early for next jan/feb to get a quote.slan :wave:
Still looking. Best I can see at the mo are £494 each, Dub - Goa with Expedia. Not bad and that's over Easter.
It'll save a couple of days holiday for Ray as he gets the Mon & Tues as statuatory days.
Doesn't matter to me now I'm a lady of leisure. :)
I'll also look at Dublin to Mumbai and booking separate connections.
Thanks for your help.
Gail xxx
Awwwww shame that Gail, always look forward to seeing you both. Wherever you end up, have a good time (might be a few beers left for you - hic hic.. !!)
Spoke to Anthony at Friends this morning and booked one of his apartments at Greenpeace, round the back of JJ's, didn't look too bad last season we had a nosey, and Dee wanted it so I didn't argue (tried but lost before I could say anything). Got a decent price of 1100rps a day. Will review it on our return, so If you are going that late in April you will have plenty of time if you want a change from JJ's.
Phil & Dee
Spike we had a look round Greenpeace we thought they looked ok we would deffo go there I like Candolim ..the only thing put me off it at the time was there was no Suite the one we looked at only had to arm chairs in the living room I think if your going for 4 weeks or longer you would need a sofa to crash out on ....
Now looking at flying Dublin/Istanbul/Mumbai with Turkish Airlines and doing separate add on from Mumbai to Goa.
Don't know anything about Turkish Airlines so posted a question on the Airline thread. Hope I get a reply.
Really must get my act together and get something booked. The prices are fluctuating daily.
Gail
We looked at flying Turkish Airlines from heathrow as the priced were not too bad but in the Britsh Airways worked out cheaper and that was with the flight from Newcastle on...have you had a look at theirs? We did it through travel up as they were showing ok connections with Jet didn't want to risk Kingfisher . Cost us 650 each 21st dec to 11th Jan
I've been looking at loads of options. It's a pain when you have to fly from Ireland.
The past few years we've flown Belfast, LHR, BOM, Goa with Jet but it's very expensive this year.
The cheapest seems to be the Turkish airline flight from Dublin to Mumbai (£466 at the minute) Think we'll spend a couple of days in Mumbai and then get a connection to Goa. It's only about £62 return.
I'll have a look at travel up and see.
Thanks Gail
After much searching, checking prices, times etc we have eventually booked to go Belfast - Heathrow -Mumbai - Goa.
By the time we added on the extra expense of travelling to Dublin, staying overnight in a hotel and airport parking we decided that the Belfast departure was our best option. We're going with Jet, not the cheapest but flight connections were shortest and suited us best.
All being well we'll be leaving for Mumbai on 6th April and flying down to Goa on 10th for 2 weeks of chilling and relaxing.
Bring on the sunshine :sun2
Thanks for all your help.
Gail
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.