UK and Ireland Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the UK and Ireland.
Dublin hotel
19 Posts
Due to a c**k-up we stayed in 2 hotels in Dublin last weekend. The first one was a 2* and was really friendly and reasonably priced called the Harding Hotel. Within walking distance of Graffton Street etc. It has a pub attached to it that has a friendly barman called Mark and the food was lovely.
I can recommend the Arlington Hotel.

Its over looking the Liffy and is in a great location so close walking distance to shops and Temple Bar.

We booked online and got a deal for 2 nights including 2 full irish breakfast and 1 evening meal - which was brilliant esp as we had the live entertainment to watch while we ate.

You can stay 2 nights at 120euro or three nights for 165euro.

Joolz :wink:
When we went we stayed in the Blooms Hotel near temple bar
We stayed in the "Townhouse" in Lower Gardiner St 3 mins walk from bus station.
Turn left out of hotel, first left into Talbot St and voila, you are in O'Connel St!!!! Would go there again
HI there, how much are cigs in Dublin??
Hi charliegirl ... we tend to have more info and discussion about Dublin in our UK & Ireland forum than we do here in City Breaks .... please click here for our Dublin Q&As topic in that forum.

David :wave
Hi .. we stayed at he arlington as well.. it is a great location for everything... :tup

curlylocksm
harding hotel for us everytime
This time around I am staying at the Academy Plaza Hotel as it is more central than the Camden Court where I stayed last time. Only there for 1 night and then heading to Enniskillen for the weekend to visit my Son. Looking forward to spend around 30 hours in that fine City.

Sue
Had my night at the Academy Plaza hotel last week and it is a really nice hotel. New fresh and very clean. Comfortable rooms although small but have everything that you need. Pleasant lounge area in the reception area as well as a large comfortable bar. I only ate breakfast there which was buffet and had everything I needed.
The price was good and just off O'Connell Street very handy for all the sights. Good shopping in Henry Street an area I didn't find the last time I was there and of course Grafton Street. All in all a great short stay. Took the Airline bus and it now costs 7Euro but you could travel on the ordinary service bus.

Sue
Any recommendations for a good pub lunch in dublin? Just going for the day - how about around temple bar area?

Nivsy
Hi nivsy .. the Dublin Q&As topic (link above) in our UK & Ireland forum tends to be more active, I think more members might be subscribed to that one. It may be worth checking out and/or posting in.

David :wave
Thanks David will do. Dont often venture away from Flights/Airport etc.

Nivsy
Nivsy - try Gallagher's Boxty House! Good food, and a lovely atmosphere!
sounds good thanks.

nivsy
I also recomment the Arlington Hotel in Dublin!
Good price for good hotel near the city

Jeroen
Alcasienne,

Had a look at the Gallaghers web site and promptly made a reservation. It looks great...thanxs for that tip.

Nivsy
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.