UK and Ireland Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the UK and Ireland.
We found lots to do in Edinburgh, but we were sightseeing. We bought a Royal Ticket for the bus tours which was £36.00, included in that was entry to Edinburgh Castle, Holyrood House and the Royal Yacht Brittania and four or five different bus tours. That took up our day times. In the evenings there is a vibrant night life.

Sorry can't tell you about Dublin as I've only been to Cork but I am told that Dublin is great fun but very expensive.

Sarah
I answered this post somewhere else Helen :think
We are back from Edinburgh just recently (on last weekend) we made it from Discovery Tours in Brighton, the package was very good but essentially for students, for only 119 pounds we visited Edinburgh and stayed in a hostel which was globetrottre hostel i think, very difficult name, i always forget, but hostel was nice, the administrator of the tour was nice and over all experience was awsome. before going there it was not in my knowledge that Edinburgh is so historic city, its very calm, very historic and a must visit place. dont forget Edinburgh castle if you go there, see the museums, carlton hill, arthur's seat, lioness hill.. and yea there was a sale too from where I got very cheap good quality clothes. All very good. Would recommend Edinburgh for you too.
I love both cities so it's hard to pick one over the other - both offer history, scenery, good shopping, great nightlife, etc. You could have a great mini break in either location ;)

I would agree with Sarah though that Dublin is very expensive so if budget is an issue i'd pick Edinburgh.
1.11 euros to the £ - forget Dublin!
I would recommend Edingburgh in my opinion, Dublin is a great city too but will probably cost you twice as much, a night out in Dublin costs more than one in london in my opinion. Edingburgh has the largest collection of historic buildings, museums, art galleries and theatres of any city in Scotland and also a great nightlife!.

Hope that helps
edinburgh is a better bet than dublin. dublin is to be honest so so over priced now espcially with the weaker pound it seems to me that the bars etc there have got to greedy it will do them good to realise that people arnt and cant pay the crazy prices for a drink and meal etc
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.