Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
katiesmum,

That doesn't surprise me. MAN is generally a more expensive airport to operate from which is reflected in the price of holidays. Have you tried getting a quote from here?

Darren
Thanks Darren, I`ll take a look.
Worked out the different allowing for petrol and parking at East Midlands and just taxi to Manchester and we will still be in pocket by nearly £300, jsut waiting for travel agent to ring back and see if she can price match before I ring Portland.
Hi Katiesmum

take a look at their website http://www.eastmidlandsairport.com. We've flown from there several times and find it much better than Manchester.

regards

Sharpy
Thanks for the link,

Parking seems quite good, £40 for 8 days, in carparks within walking distance of terminal, or £32`ish in car park 7 which needs a shuttle bus.

Does anyone please have any experience of the car parks, which one might be better?

Thanks
I live about 40 minutes from east midlands, great airport with all the facilities of a bigger airport but a lot less hassle. Car parks 1,2,& 3 are all within walking distance of terminal, car park 7 is just 5 minutes by shuttle which run every 15 minutes
Thanks beccaafcr, its hard to judge a smaller airport when we only have Mancheste to compare it to.

Can anyone give me a little more help please:

Think I`m going to get the parking booked this week and another job done. I`ve never booked car park before, as we normally do taxi transfers to Manchester. Please can anyone assist with times etc. We go 22nd May 10am`ish so was going to book about 5-6am for arrival give or take a bit..... arriving home I`m a bit confused.. flight due in at 22.05 how long would you allow, was thinking of booking 23.55 which gives 1hr 50mins (also what happens if you have booked a certain time and then the plane is delayed and you are late picking your car up, do they impose hefty charges?

Sorry if sound a bit clueless! all help and advice very much appreicated.

Thanks, Helen
Hi Katiesmum

I don't think you need to worry too much about exact timings,you're paying for a certain number of nights anyway which you're unlikely to exceed.I think you have to give your flight numbers and landing times when you book so they can always keep a check on your flight if they want to.We've never had any problems.Dont worry and have a great holiday.

regards

Sharpy
Thanks Sharpy, didn`t realise you have to give flight numbers etc!!
Hi ive parked 4 times in car park 7. Really easy to find ( when you come to the traffic lights to get to the airport dont turn right carry on through the lights you will go down a dip and then come to a roundabout go right at the roundabout and car park 7 is on your left) you drive through the barriers and you get a ticket, you then find a space go to the office book in and show them your paperwork if you have already booked online. If its peak season they take keys off you (sometimes they move your car) Everytime ive been there we have never had to wait for a bus there is always on there and driver is really helpful with cases :) go off on holiday then when you come back go to the bus stop its the one across from the entrance to the main airport. Bus will say car park 7. Office will be open give them your ticket and they will give keys back. Cheapest place to book is on the airport website. Let me know if you need anymore info.
Thanks liana, info is great.

So may as well go for no7, its a little cheaper than 1,2,3 (only £8 but thats 2 coffee`s when we`ve checked in)

Can I ask how close are 1,2,3 it says within walking distance. (just curious)

Thanks again
It is very close yes easy to walk to, ive never stopped in them the bus takes about 4 min to get there from car park 7 :)
wish i was may going to turkey june then sharm oct cant wait never been to either. Parking is around £35 i think then. :)
https://www.eastmidlandsairport.com/EMAParking/CarParkBooking
We are Sharm in May (and again in August but from Manchester that time) different hotels of course. You will love it.
we have just used the car parking last week. we were in car park 4 and its very close to departures (we flew ryanair to knock). We parked for five days and it was £28.
We thought the airport was great , very efficient and in future I will book to go from here rather than Manchester. :)
Thanks deborahj, thats great to know. It will be nice to have a change from Manchester
Which car park is nearest to Airport, in 1 , 2, 3 or 4?

Jo
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.