Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
CJ's is run by Charlie and John Ex Manula .
We ate there twice during our visit to Bitez this year and it was very good .The only slight complaint would be that when they are busy they can be a bit slow in getting the meals out ,we where waiting 1 hour for ours one night which was not a problem as we had nothing else to do however on our earlier visit an Irish family where getting quite irate as they had been waiting for a long time.John was just putting the prices up the day we left in line with the others on the front.
If you want an excellent meal and good value I recomend the Pedesa (if you have 5 visits I most probably are stating the obvious )at the back of the market we went there for the first time in 4 years this time and have been missing out on a little jem of a place. 4 of us full meals bottle house wine and soft drinks for the kids 55 lira ,by far the cheapest and best atmosphere of the resteraunts ,even the locals will queue and wait for a table.
After you have done the main places on the front over the years the novelty wears off and they don't like it if you try somewhere else,Elvis at Golden Spoon was not happy (could tell by his expresion ) when we were sat next door at CJ's.
central Beach is still good for lunch time snacks.
Sami at Pegosa will see you right for a good meal just tell him Mark and Samantha sent you ,we are in touch with him most weeks by email.
Thanks for that. We will miss Ali's as this was our favourite haunt, so we will give CJs a try and take it from there. Thanks for the other recommendations - will certainly bear those in mind.
MichaelM

It was also our first port of call over the years...

but dont worry Ali and Gudred have kept their apartment above and are spending the summer on the beach,so the chances are you will see them out and about.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.