Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Tell your friends they need not worry, Its situated right in the heart of Icmeler and tell them they dont have to live in it 24/7, They are more than welcome to use any other hotel facilities providing of course they purchase drinks or food.
heard chirsten , ex geordie bar now running eda bar and rest
Thank you for that information I can tell my friends not to worry now :)
Can not find this hotel on review site.

We stayed here when it was the Bellevue last September, and it was a dump, but that has all changed with the new owners, I was really very pleasantly supprised when I visited this hotel, the Bellevue is dead long live the EDA. It has been completely refurbished by the new owners, no more dirty carpets, doors that don't close and toilets you can't sit down on, now the whole hotel is tiled throughout, even the 4th floor, which nobody would stay in last year, has now got sliding doors to a small balcony and a/c in every room, the dining area is now covered, and the reception area has been changed. The family, dad Ali, mum Hacer and son Engin(manager)are really lovely people. they made us welcome even though we did not stay here, allowed me to take pics and video of the whole hotel, I will make this available to anyone who wants them.
Anyone who knew Christine at the Gordie Bar should know that she is now running the bar at the Eda, we had a couple of meals there and enjoyed them.
i would like to see the pics and video, we stayed there in 2005 and it wasn't that bad then we still had a good time, would like to see the difference though
Has anybody stayed at the Hotel Eda recently and is the hotel close to the beach.
We haven't stayed here as yet but are thinking about it for June next year.We are goung to have a look around when we are in Icmeler in September.It is only about 5 minute walk to beach.

Diane and Norman :wave:
We have reviews of the hotel HERE including a couple from this month.

luci :wave
I am going to hotel eda icmeler in September 2010 with three other adults. Has anyone been to this hotel? and what can we expect - thanks

Also, we are going to Club Tenerife the end of February. Any comments? grateful thanks :

Merged with existing topic. Please refer to the Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum for information on Tenerife. Dazbo HT Mod
Hi Janice - I've stayed at the Hotel Eda and would definitely recommend it. The family who run it are lovely people who cannot do enough to make your holiday a success. Mama and Papa don't speak a great deal of English, but their sons, Engin and Ersin, speak fluent English and are extremely helpful. We also stayed with them at the previous hotel they ran in Icmeler, and they have become good friends. The hotel itself is in an excellent location, very central - yet not at all noisy. It was very clean and the rooms were a decent size too. The breakfasts are a typical Turkish breakfast - bread, hard-boiled eggs, tomatoes, cucumber, honey, jam, etc - but you can pay extra for a cooked breakfast if you wish.
If there's anything else you'd like to know, I'll certainly try to help.
We're staying at the Eda in October. We stayed with the same family when they had the Esenkoy and they are lovely people who will do all they can to make your holiday great. The hotel is very well situated - only a couple of minutes from the beach. They showed us round when we were in Icmeler in June and it looked lovely - very clean. Can't wait to get back to Icmeler and to see them all again. Hope you have a great holiday too.
We walked past the Hotel Eda many times last year while staying in Icmeler,nice quiet area,yet so close to everything,we did fancy booking it for this year,but decided to do self catering again. :cheers
Four of us are going to this hotel the first two weeks of September. I have read varied reports and slightly anxious. Has anyone been to the Hotel Eda this summer and if so what should we expect. Regarding the pool area, are there enough sun shades.
What is the food like - we are going b & b but there is an option to go half board.
More than anything really, is the hotel clean, especially the bedrooms and bathrooms.

Would be very grateful for any information.

Regards

Janice

Merged with existing topic. Dazbo HT Mod
We stayed at the Eda a couple of seasons ago, but we're quite friendly with the family who run it, so pop in to see them whenever we're in Icmeler. The hotel is in a great location -very central but not at all noisy, and was always spotlessly clean when we were there. The pool is small, but there were plenty of seats, parasols, etc.
Can't really comment on the food, as I believe they've had a change of chef since we stayed there, but the family who run it are wonderful and will do anything they can to make your holiday special. When we stayed, the breakfast was the basic Turkish breakfast - but you could pay extra for a cooked breakfast if you preferred. We certainly had no complaints and would happily stay there again.
Thank you so much everyone who replied to my query re: Hotel Eda in Icmeler
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.