Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
EDEN BAR
14 Posts
Its still open. My friend went and had a brilliant night! Think she said it was Kareoke?? Spelling??
Eden is still open, they have three really busy nights each week, Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday (all Karaoke nights). The rest of the week the place is quite quiet, don't know why because it's a lovely place!! They did start to charge an entrance fee for the upstairs disco but not sure if they still do (haven't been there or seen the owners for a while).
GFF
Hi! We went in Eden last year. I think it is a gay bar and very friendly. Didn't go in this year but it certainly seemed very busy with karaoke when we walked past.
If you are in Candolim then a nice place to chill out and meet other folk after a hard day on the beach is The Mango Grove. Right on the busy main road (near the Highland Beach lane) so there's always something to look at if you're nosey like me.
The beauty of Goa is that where ever you are, you WILL find a place that suits you. There are plenty of bars to suit all tastes.
I would be happy right now if I could just be sitting in a shack (any shack!) watching the sun go down over the arabian sea with a kingfisher.
Janey your making me soooooo excited, Cant wait to be there again, as you say watching the sun set at a shack after a hard day reading/sunbathing/atmosphere absorbing etc is heaven to me!! :D
Where is this Eden bar? ............ Not that i'm gay or anything! :?
Thanks Janey looking forward to trying out the Beach shacks soon and enjoying Eden Bar ....and yes I am! :P
tee hee mister frostie! thought you might be!
Rach, arghhh we are trying to remember what the Eden Bar is opposite. I have left my diary at work. It isn't hard to find...on the main beach road down to the Calungute Beach Steps. It is virtually opposite a popular restaurant (name we have forgotten) but before another popular restaurant (name forgotten too) on the same side. Oh dear. It is on the right on the way down to the beach.
Just thinking about it reminds me of mooching up from the beach as the light goes a reddy darkness and stopping off for a kingfisher or a cocktail, enjoying the powercuts and having a laugh.
Hey enjoy!
Hi janeywhit
was the restaurant opposite called Redondo?
Eden is opposite Capricorn Restaurant and next to Vrundavan Restaurant.
You really can't miss it, it's a big white building and the EDEN sign is illuminated in Red!!!
Enjoy!!
Goldenflipflop xxx
is it just gay men that go in there or women too?
Gay, lesbian, hetrosexual, bi-sexual, young, old, male, female, people from all denominations go to Eden. Mark and Simon who own the place are a gay couple but they don't bill it as a Gay Bar. It's a really nice place, nice staff and if you like Karaoke it's probably one of the best places to go.
GFF xx
whats the best time to go?
For Karaoke night I'd say get there around 10ish.
For other nights leave it a bit later because they don't get busy until late on.
GFF
hello iam looking for the telephone number of the eden gay bar in calangute
***edit
Email address removed for member's security.
As this is a business the phone number for the Eden can be given out
Fiona ht mod***
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.