Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
We went last year for the very same reason you are looking at going i.e. as an alternative to the Canaries at Easter, as we had become a bit bored with them.

We are going back this year so I suppose that speaks for itself. :D

I'm not brilliant on temperatures but the weather the second week of April last year was brilliant. It was lovely and warm during the day, sun bathing weather and at night you could manage in a short sleeved TShirt.

Its nothing like the canaries though. If you want a sandy beach you need to research as many hotels have rocky terraces and you use jettys to go into the sea, so that you don't spoil the coral.

If you want life outside of the hotel you may need Sharm el Sheik at the Namma Bay end, then you would find enough restaurants to eat out at of an evening, although most hotels seem to have 2 or 3 restaurants of their own.

With boys of 8 and 12 you might need to try a hotel that has a largeish British base if you want organised activities that they can join in.
Or, you could just go to , either, The Swisscare or The Hilton Coral Resort in Nuweiba and have superb sandy beaches, wonderful snorkelling and diving, scenery to die for and so much more for a really lovely holiday. You also dont need to purchase a visa if you stay in the resort, worth considering for 4 of you to save £60 over most places in Egypt. Not much outside the hotels but a whole raft of wonderful excursions available in the beautiful Sinai. As for the weather, the sun really does shine every day and to my mind the whole place is 200% better than The Canaries.
Have a look, you may be surprised and we are all here to answer any particular questions you may have.
If you click HERE you will find a link to weather in Egypt - change location top left of page, and go to history of previous months/years around centre of page.
Never been to the Canaries.... the only Canaries I ve seen are little yellow ones in cages... or those other ones who pretend to play soccer !

Don t think I ll ever get to the Canaries.... wot being ere on the beach already and all that.
We are going to the Coral Sea Resort at Easter. It has great reviews and looks like it will be great for all the family. We booked with Eclipse.

Karen
We went to Canaries last year but this year have booked for Sharm el Sheikh at the Reef Oasis Resort - after reading reports on here. Resort very big, nice looking beach area. I booked through My Travel on line and, I think, got a really good deal.
Thanks for the recommendation - I will certainly have a look at these. Do you need any innoculations for Egypt?
I think so, but not sure what.
Another plus for Red Sea is that is seems to be a bit warmer than the Canaries???
We had hep A and typhoid, as extras, plus your normal ones like tetanus need to be up to date as well.

If you want a package http://www.portlanddirect.co.uk and http://www.eclipsedirect.co.uk are quite competative on price, lots of people on here use them.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.