Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Hubby picked up our money earlier in the wek, and I've just got round to llooking at it. I can't believe how dirty it is :rofl
You wont need much Helen . You should of just taken sterling and changed it up there . better rate . You havnt been reading that currency topic have you. :tut
Helen..there is a reason why the money is very dirty.....perhaps you should read up........also, many people catch nasty things through handling the money....you really do need to read up.. ;)
Have you packed the Imodium instants Helen . Take plenty . Most important .
I managed to holiday in Egypt without ever even seeing any Egyptian currency.We were aI and I just used sterling for tips etc; Immodium is the best advice you will be given. I only needed them one day but they were worth their weight in gold!
Right - you're beginning to frighten me with all this talk of immodium. I hope we're not going to have a week of "the trots"
:rofl :rofl . Always best to be prepared with those and the rehydration sachets
Holland and Barrett have their Probotic Acidophilus on offer at the moment for half price. :tup
Prevention is better than cure and I took just one a day each time I have been to Egypt. :sun2
Helen, seriously take some immodium with you. I would normally say a bug is better out than in but you can't ruin your holiday stuck in your room. Read one of Lyn' posts regarding a lady that was running to her room with something running down her legs!
Poor Helen . She'll be having nightmares tonight about opening her case in Egypt and it being full of packets of immodium instead of clothes :D
and take the hand sanitiser spray you can get, it will sit nice in your luggage next to the immodium. I have had the pharoah's before in Egypt and it really is not nice (lat time round was the first time ever I have been ill on hols..but I didnt know if I was ill ill or ill due to my medical predicament at the time before I got the all clear..but half the boat had it...so......)
Why is the money dirty Val ? I thought it was just because it was in circulation for a lot longer than our currency is. Living near the Bank of England works, word has it that we are churning out new notes all the time and scapping old notes. (job creation perhaps).

Just thought that filthy Egyptian notes were because it was a poor Country they couldn't afford such niceties as brand new notes all the time. Am I way off beam ?

Doe :sun2
:rofl I just saw your name on the front page and was dreading clicking on it in case I found something I didnt like :rofl :rofl
Please dont tell me they wipe their backsides with it over there . :rofl

And more to the point why is it all back here for Helen to pick up at her local Barclays. :D
:rofl Would bring a whole new meaning to money needing to be laundered :rofl
Think i accidently put some LE through the wash and it kind of disintegrated :duh
Val - spill the beans please. My God - it looks like I should have saved up a bit more in order to pay for all this dam medication :really
well they dont exactly wipe thier bums with it....but it is a good hiding place if you get my drift. :yikes
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.