Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
HT luggage labels printed and laminated :tup - just need the string now - it doesn't take much to get me excited about my jollies :que . All my last minute bits & bobs have been bought, and I've unearthed my wristbands. Everything has been put in a carrier bag in the bottom of the wardrobe. Roll on :sun2
You have less time to wait than me don't you Helen .??

I've done nothing :rofl
Going to Cardiff on the 17th Lyn - just 14 days now - yipee
and you are sorted already????????????

:yikes

Oh my days..I do nowt until the last minute....thats how organised I am not!!
Ah right thought you went before me for some reason Helen .We go on the 16th :sun2
4 more sleeps for me, haven't thought about packing yet, though the cases are there ready and waiting or me.
Don't know why but I always dread packing, I'm always worrying about forgetting something and never relax till I am in the taxi.
Won't be long till I am relaxing in the sun with a nice cold drink :D
I can't bear it either Vic. Packing is Something I dread .
Val - it's only the labels, passports, money and insurance that's in, plus all the bits and bobs are in 1 carrier bag. None of the clothes have been sorted yet, and I knowfor a fact, that I'll have to iron all hubby's clothes, because they'll have been just shoved anywhere at the end of last summer. It's the same every year :que . Has anyone heard that the flight is now longer, because we can't fly over Libya? My geography isn't that good, but I didn't think we went over Libya anyway. A work colleague is convinced that her hubby has read this somewhere. I haven't seen anything though :que
We have never flown over Libya to my knowledge. Flights are usually about 5 and half hours, sometimes almost 6 depending on the wind direction..that is from Manchester. I shouldnt think it will be much different from anywhere else in the UK.
I've just looked at my tickets Val. We leave Cardiff at 9.20am and arrive in Sharm at 15.45. Allowing for the fact that Egypt is approx 2 hours ahead, that works out at a flight time of 4hours and 25 mins.
From london the flight is always shorter going out for some reason. Different flight path maybe . From memory , but I'm sure someone can correct me If I'm wrong it's usually about 4.5-5 for us but maybe 5.5 -6 on the way back.

Never flown over Libya to my knowledge either .
It's only one hour at the moment Helen . Despite everyone thinking it's 2 hours including the cabin crew they dont change their clocks in Egypt until End April so between the time we move ours at the end march and end April it's only 1 hour.

Let me double check though .

This catches so many people out on arrival because the captain always tells everyone to put their watches forward 2 hours. :(
edit :Yep zime difference is only 1 hour at the moment . Their clocks go forward 29th April. :tup http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/city.html?n=53
Helen when we came back at the end of March our flight time was 6 and a half hours because of Libya. It was only 5 and a half going out to Sharm.The pilot said it was because we had to re route. :que

Garry
It is usually about 5 and half from Manchester and over 6 going back..except for the last time when we was just about to land and they shut the airport due to snow and sent us to Birmingham....then it took us a further 7 hours after that to get home...

generally the flight path goes over places like Croatia and down over Tel Aviv etc..but again, that is from Manchester. Things cant be that much different from anywhere else...
I doubt it will be that long on the way out Helen but they will probably allow for it and take off later. what is it showing for the return . ??
Departing at 16.55 and landing 22.00 so adjusting the hour would make it 6 hrs
Me too Lyn. i am sure it has always been an hour longer on the way back. Maybe 5 or 5 and a half hours out and six hours back, this was before the problems in Libya, something to do with flight paths. :que

Maybe one of the aircraft experts like Darren might know why if you ask on the flight forum Helen.

Doe :sun2
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.