Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
El dorado Suites
60 Posts
phyll wrote:
and WILL be posting a full report when i get over my tiredness
Thank you! :D
THIS is where you need to go to post your review ;)

Pippy :)
:yikes Oops! No it's not!

THIS is where you need to go to post your review! :rofl :whoops
You can read Phyll's review HERE :cheers

Pippy :)
Me and my husband are looking to celebrate our silver wedding anniversary next april
we are wanting something special as we neve had a honey moon as we married in the miners strike
so far we are interested in El Dorado Royale in Mexico, we have been to mexico a few times and really enjoyed it here
does anyone have any information or tips for us, anything would be appreciated

we are a couple that loves, relaxation,but also like to be entertained. We dont want it too quite, i know we have been married for some time but we would like to think that we are still young at heart, if you know what i mean.

we are interested in this hotel for quite a few things and one being that we can go out side the complex to cancun and playa del carman
Hi aws. We were at the El Dorado Royale in March and stayed in a Casita. My one piece of advice would be to book a Casita, the service was so much better. The only thing I would say is that although you are in travelling distance of Cancun and Playa Del Carman the entertainment at the resort itself is quite low key. We're not big ones on entertainment but we would have liked a bit more.
Anything else that you'd like to know - just ask. :)
Sunaholic
Sunaholic thanks for the info, when you say that the travel to cancun and Playa Del Carman is a distance, how long would it take for us the get there by taxi. thank you :tup
Hi, We have just four weeks left now until we go to EDSS, some 6 weeks ago we received a letter from first choice telling us that they are building a new Spa at this hotel but that it wouldnt disrupt our holiday in anyway..... so we thought ok, no problem. However i have been reading trip reports from people just returned from here and they mention problems with building works and new suites being built. Does anyone have any clear information about this??
Thanks
katie.
Hi All,

Have now been home for two weeks
:(
Im just about to write my trip report for the hotel. Just as a quick note though we loved the EDSS and would recommend it to everyone!

Katie.
Post-holiday blues huh? :(

Horrid feeling :kiss
We are going to the Seaside Suites for our honeymoon in Feb and have booked a swim up suite.

I have seen people mention sushi is this still available (for my better half!)? I am vegetarian - what is it like?

We want a very quiet and private room - any suggestions????

Is it worth booking a private taxi for the transfer from the airport?

Thanks
Hi Sedge,
The swim up suites looked lovely and they do appear to be quiet with a private swim up bar etc. Yes sushi is available in the Asian (Klay Talay).
There are vegetarian dishes however i am a big meat eater so im not sure what the vegetarian dishes are like but this hotel is very good at working with you around the menus.
We considered a private transfer but were glad we didnt pay for that as there were only 7 of us in a huge USA style jeep for the transfer anyway, however another couple who also booked through F.C but arrived the day before flying in from LGW (we flew from Man) were transfered on a large coach.
You will have a lovely time here, it is ideal for a honeymoon.
Have you read my review as i did write a lot of info??
Any questions, ask away!
Katie.
Thanks Katie.

Sound good! Cann't wait for 3rd Feb!!!!!!!!!!

Sedge
only until july to wait,the fiancee is stressed with wedding plans and i cant wait for mexico.Just a quick question,how strict are they on long pants ,shirts etc at meals?.....is it jeans? smart shorts? or pash trousers? shirts or tee shirts.
thanks shaun :cheers
It is a great resort. You can wear shorts at breakfast and lunch and we saw men and women wearing shorts at the evening meals, the mens shorts were just above the knee. I did see men in jeans at the evening meals. I did not see any men wearing a tee-shirt which did not have a collar at the eveing meal.

I will say, it was a shame to see men in shorts at a restaurant for an eveing meal. They are such lovely restaurants that I would have thought they would have wanted to make an effort and dress up for their partner. I have never seen a man in shorts in a nice UK retaurant so why do they do it on holiday?

Hope this helps - feel free to ask anything, I will help if I can.

sedge
thanks....must admit im normally a shorts fella on holiday because its cooler (temp).I will buy some long pants and jeans tho.
Another question?
Ive seen pics on the website of horse riding.Are there places close by ...its 15 years since we rode tho hahaha
Do not know about horse riding - sorry!
hi, i know people have commented on what to wear in the restaurants but im still not totally clear!! :que my partner is a jeans, t shirt and flip flop man so it's more to find out what he is ok to wear!!

are flip flops allowed in restaurants? if not what types of shoes/sandals are? and does it need to be a shirt and trousers or can he wear collared t shirts with smart trousers or jeans?

with regards to women, are we ok to wear flip flops? and vest tops? and do skirts/trousers have to be a certain length for both men and women?!

thanks
Can anyone help. I have just read on a couple of websites that the rooms at this hotel are smoke free, does this also include the balcony and the rest of the resort i.e. outside bars, pool area etc. I understand the restaurants are smoke free, as they have been since last year, but if the hotel resort is smoke free I will have to cancel my holiday and try and get something else.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.