Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
We have some reviews from Dec '06 HERE :wink:

Pippy :D
A friend of mine went there last year and said it was fab. It certainly looked good in the photos!
Thanks for that pippy, just read your review, looks great, just seems like ages till we go!!!
It's not actually my review :wink: but I'm glad it helped :D
oops!!!! :oops: oh well!!! every little helps, thanks anyway
just booked elderado royal mexico for next july has anyone been resently,would love to know what its like and some tips what to do,is the 24 hr room sevice free is it part of the all inclusive.
Have a look on Trip Advisor as theres tons of information on EDR on there - loads of reviews and a forum will some good contributors who have been a few times and have all the answers. The room service is free - are you booked for EDR or Casita Royale? Have you checked out the Karisma web site?
staying at the eldorado royal,whats the best resturant to eat in,can you get food and drinks at the beach and in rooms as part of the all inclusive package,how do you book the resturants.is there any of the hotel services besides tipping you have to pay for.
how long is the transfer from the airport,we are with tomas cook is there a rep on hand if you have problems. :?: :?:
I havent stayed at EDR yet but am planning a trip next year so have been reading up on the resort. I would recommend that your visit Trip Advisor and just type the resort name in the search box and you will get all the answers to your questions (in the forums section use the down box and select Puerto Morelos). The resorts own web site is also very good. I know you can make 2 or 3 restaurant reservations 2 weeks before you go (the contact details can be found on Trip Advisor as there are different consierge for Casita Suites and Garden Suites). The room service is 24 hours and the spa treatments and upgraded wines are extras (spa prices on EDR web site). Hope this helps.
El Dorado Royale website HERE.

Pippy :D
Hi All
Can anyone who has been to this hotel or anywhere on Riviera Maya let me know what the beach is like. It looks fantastic in the photos but I keep reading reviews of enormous sandbags and very rough sea. We are thinking of going in November this year.
Thanks
Pam
Hi there..We go to EDR in 3 weeks time..we have done all our research through Trip Advisor..We have booked a Casita, we are going with First Choice. Only Casita guests and higher can make reservations for the restaruants..other guests turn up and either get a table straight away if they are available, or you are given a time slot and a beeper.
The room sevice is 24 hours, and have heard waiters come and take your orders while you are on the beach..The beach seems to be a problem with some people, some photos show it as lovely, then others dont. The beach was ruined in a hurricane and there are big sand bags in the water..But we are prepared for this, and wont bother us..
I will write a review when we get back..
Am counting the days down::))
Tracey..
Hi Tracey 2 weeks 2 days for us now....how excited am I!!
I hadn't heard about the sand bags in the sea, are they big then? Are they to stop the under current?
fred flintstones son, I too will be posting a review upon my return :)
Sunaholic
Hi Sunaholic!!! Thought you might appear::))) yep you go v soon! we go in 23 days!! sorted the suitcases out today::)) yep that impatient I am!!..Have you not been on trip advisor?? there are great big sand bags, well peole call them beach whales..the beach was distroyed afew years back, so they put the big sand bags there to keep the sand thats left on the beach in place..when you look at peoples photos the beach looks lovely, but also think there is a not so nice part of it..we are not great big beach people anyway..but we know about these sand bags so we are prepared for them?? have you emailed the hotel to request a certain room/block..sorry cant remember..are you in a casita??
Can PM you if you want anymore details..and to chat!!
Tracey...
hi, looking at this hotel for Dec this year, when you lucky ladies get back can you post reviews, and let me know what these sand bags are like as i do like a pretty beach!
Also has anyone been in December before? What should we expect of the weather??
Thanks.
katie.
I certainly will Katie :)
We both enjoy the beach too, so we're hoping they won't be a pain. I'm sure they won't though.
Sunaholic
http://www.weather2travel.com/climate-guides/index.php?destination=puerto-morelos
Hi Katie..look at this weather site..as you can see it would be a lovely time to go to EDR..
Yes will post a review on our return..If you go onto Trip Advisor there are lots and lots of fab reviews on there..
Tracey..
Tracey ...... Thanks for the link!! Looks great!

Sunaholic ...... I have booked for the El Dorado Seaside Suites now but still look forward to reading your report! Have a great time.
Katie x
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.