Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
far from scottish-sorry
give it a go but i doubt it :rofl
thats a nice trip
Hubby and I got free Emirates flights when we were bumped off a flight recently due to overbooking. They are from Dubai to Bangkok but originally we were not planning on doing that this year. We would have liked to use them to go elsewhere.

I was told at the time they are not transferable but has anyone been able to use them for a different destination? They are with Emirates. Thanks.
  • Edited by dawnie 2009-02-07 14:50:20
dawnie,

I think only Emirates will be able to answer your question but they are normally non-transferable so I doubt you'll be abe to use them on any other sectors.

Darren
Sorry, asking this question again... Has anyone changed their itenery once leaving the UK? My small print on e-ticket says that changes can be made after departure for free - does this mean that en-route I can change my flight back from Auckland to Sydney by one day to give us a couple of days there and arrange this when in Dubai when we stopoever on the way to Auckland?? Hope this makes sense. We are flying Emirates.
i think if anything you can only change the seating,,as i had a problem, if i wanted to change the day i booked even though it was a genuine mistake it was at the time 75 pound to change the details..
but i did change my seats twice before i left uk
I read small print on booking and it says we would get charged £125 per person before departure, and changes to onward flights after departure free contact airline, changes are subject to availability/seasonality local admin fees may apply. So we wont really know till say we arrive in Dubai for the first stopover to try and change the flight from Aukland to Sydney, which means I dont know how many nights to book a hotel in Sydney for just in case they are charging over the odds for admin fees... four of us travelling.
Excited flights are now booked with emirates, flying out on the double decker Airbus. Has anyone flown with them before and if so what are they like??
  • Edited by Fiona 2009-03-03 18:30:39
    moved from Thailand forum
welshdoll3,

You May Want To Take A Look At Airline Quality For Passenger Reviews

Gower
We were excited booking our flights to NZ via Dubai and was told our flights were the new A380 from Dubai to Auckland, however after going into managing my booking and choosing seats, its not the A380, its the 777-200 - its been changed!!!!
Hi thanks for that we have booked our seats on the booking system and it is the Airbus A380 outbound and the Boeing 777 inbound
Just got back from Australia on Monday and would like to warn anyone travelling from Melbourne that Emirates are weighing hand luggage after you check your main luggage in.When you leave the check-in ,and enter the departure lounge,a man was there with a weighing machine checking your hand luggage weight.Three people in front of us were told that their baggage was too heavy and told to report back to check -in.As Emirtes are charging £35 a kilo excess,it could get expensive,so make sure you dont overdo it.
Hi, im flying with emirates to dubai and then onto the maldives (having 4 nights in dubai 1st) from manchester in Nov 09. I know its a boeing 777 aircraft because it flies over my house twice a day. does anyone know if you can pre-book extra legroom seats and which are the bet ones?
daz1971,

Seat Guru May Give Some Help As It Give Seat Maps For The Aircraft

Gower
Be sure to check seat guru with aircraft on emirates though, as we found the seating different.
I know that we are only allowed 7kg hand luggage, but can we also take a camera bag in addition to this?
ElleDee,

They only allow one piece of hand luggage so you might want to place it inside your main hand luggage if you can.

Darren
Do you think they will notice it over hubbie's shoulder????!! We have managed this with other airlines in the past where they specify one piece. Its really hard only having once piece. We have one suit carrier including kilt which weighs in at 7kg, daughters hand luggage with laptop and school books, then mine which has all the odds and sods in it!! If camera/video bag has to go in I barely have space or weight allowance for my book :-(
ElleDee,

I shouldn't say this, but I tend to keep my camera under the check-in desk and out of view to get around the problem. I had no choice on my recent trip to Kenya because I was taking 4 lenses and 2 camera bodies with me (overkill I know!!). If you can get it in you hand luggage for check-in and while boarding, it doesn't matter the rest of the time.

Darren
Good tip! We could I suppose try to get it in my bag... actually forgot about the wide angled lens! That will take up a fair amount of space. Do emirates as a rule weigh hand luggage. I have never, ever had hand luggage weighed before?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.