Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
If you got to hang around in Dubai I would not bother the airport is fantastic to look around Duty Free Heaven.
flying from singapore to dubai flight number 349 have been informed we land in columbo before carrying on to dubai anyone know if we have to leave the aircraft or is this just to let people on and off
petros,

EK349 operates SIN-CMB-DXB. The stop is for 1hr 15 mins operated by a Boeing 777-300/ER. This is a short stop to drop off / pick up passengers. Given it's a short stop, I'm not sure if you'll be allowed to disembark or not.

Darren
When Joining skywards, do we get any perks at Manchester once we have booked in and gone through to the departure lounge, or do we just sit with all the other holiday makers, is the exec lounge a different place ?
No lounge perks I'm afraid, if you are flying economy, but, once you have accumulated airmiles that take you up to the Silver level, if you are transiting Dubai, they'll give you passes for the Emirates lounges there, even if you are flying economy, but not for the starting Blue level I'm afraid. Alan
Hi
Flying from Heathrow to dubai on the new A380 on the 18th Jan, would like to know if we can check in on line as our trip is booked through H & Jarvis to the Maldives.

Joe
When does the A380 actually start flying to Dubai from the UK and will you be able to guarantee that it will be the A380 you will fly on? We usually fly from glasgow to Dubai, but would like to experience the new aircraft. We are probably be going to Dubai in April so wanted to know how to guarantee it will be the A380 we will definately be on?
Hi
the A380 appears on the Emirates web site as a daily scheduled service from Heathrow to Dubai starting from the 1st December as EK002, Emirates take delivery of their second A380 on the 1st October.
Looks like there will be some delays in the delivery of Emirates A380, please see the link below.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/afp/20080830/tbs-aviation-airbus-eads-emirates-5268574.html

Mark
Thanks for the link Mark, hopefully things should be OK for our trip in January.
Joe,

If within your booking information you have the airline code (known as PNR) then you should be able to go into the emirates web site and choose your seats etc with checkin facility being available nearer departure time. If you don,t have the PNR you could ask your agent to provide

Nivsy .
Thanks nivsy
we are skywards members, having the facility of booking our seats, our concern is that with the flight being an A380 and Heathrow being a nightmare at best of times, we would like to book in online, I'll give the PNR number a whirl when I get it.

Joe
How can you guarantee it is definately going to be the A380? We normally fly with Emirates from Glasgow to Dubai but am thinking of going from Heathrow next time as want to experience the A380, but got an e-mail back from emirates to say that they cannot guarantee a particular aircraft on a particular flight. So how can I guarantee I will be on an A380? I would be really peeved if I ended up being on the same type of aircraft that I would have been if i had flown from Glasgow? Glasgow is only a short drive away from where we stay but would mean another flight down to Heathrow, but wouldn't mind that as long as we were on the A380.
Hi maryjo
As usual not many things can be gauranteed but what I do know is that if you go onto Emirates web site, look at the schedules and you will see that the daily flight out of Heathrow from 1st December 08 EK002 departing at 1345 is served by an A380, from dubai to heathrow the A380 is flight No EK001, so according to the schedule we fly out on EK002 an A380 and we return on EK005 a Boeing 777 - 300
the A380 seats 489 passengers compaired to the 777 which seats 380, so taking bookings for 489 and cancelling it would be a hell of hard job to reorganise things.

Happy Hols
As Joe says there is no guarantee on aircraft equipment and currently (assuming 2nd A380 is not further delayed) will operate the EEK 001 and EEK 002 to and from Dubai to Heathrow.

Glasgow flights will be by B777. I am not sure if however if their is an additional "premium" (fare a bit more costly) on EEK 001 and 002 because of the aircraft type? (A380)

Nivsy
...so you reckon I will be have a good chance it is likely to be the A380 if I book the afternoon flight from Heathrow? I expect it is going to book up fairly quickly as so many people will be wanting to fly on it. I assume they will be likely to change the aircraft only if they don't get the seats filled on the A380 which I doubt will be very unlikely.
Hi Nivsy, have checked with Emirates and there is no price difference whether B777 or A380, as for the delay on delivery, if by several weeks should still be Ok for 1st Dec.

Joe
Just got a great deal to New Zealand through Emirates, where prices are £875 before stopover for end of March/April 09. I believe these prices are held till 5th November. The journey from Dubai - Auckland, and Auckland - Dubai are on the fab new A380 airbus!! We have chosen to stopover in Dubai on the way for three nights, and Sydney for one night on the way back, which has pushed the price up slightly as you pay more tax if you leave the airport. I found the flight on emirates and got the Flight Centre to book it for me, who were absolutely brilliant organising this via email, plus they are ABTA bonded etc.

:tup
EK's 2nd A380 was delivered on 24th October 2008, about 6 weeks later than expected. This aircraft will be used to fly the second Dubia - New York service (A6-EDB along with A6-EDA). It's actually their 3rd A380 that will serve LHR, A6-EDC (MSN016) and is expected to enter revenue service on 1st December.

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.