Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Thanks a lot Darren and Colin.

Thanks so much Darren for sorting that out between your work as well. Very impressed indeed. I can get on with the seat booking now.

Trish :D
I have just called Emirates to book the seats but unfortunately the seats we wanted were reserved for prople with children so they couldn't guarantee them and they will only put in a request for the emergency exit seats, they are not guaranteed. Has anyone reserved these seats and not acutually got them, we have skywards membership.

Mnay thanks

Trish
Question for Darren,What aircraft do Emirates use on their flight from Glasgow to Dubai and then from Dubai to Male? Thanks alot Mark.
mark_26,

Emirates use a Boeing 777-300/ER on the EK025/6 GLA-DXB service. Connecting flights to MLE depends on the flight options, many of which route via Columbo (Sri Lanka). eg EK559 DXB-MLE via CMB is a Boeing 777-200. All the information is on EK's website.

Darren
Hello:

We're planning a trip to Perth from Manchester via Dubai with Emirates.

We've decided to not stay in Dubai, but simply connect at Dubai airport... we arrive in Dubai at midnight and connect at 2am after the 8 hour flight from Manchester.

Are there shower facilities in the airport?
Will there be any restaurants or cafes open at midnight at the airport?

Has anyone done it this way before? How bearable was it? I'm quite nervous of the thought travelling all day with only 2 hours break, but the deal we'll get is so good it'd cost an extra £1000 to stop over!

Also, what would the plane be like? UAE are supposed to be pretty good?
Hi Dramaqueen.
You will not be disappointed with Dubai Airport. Plenty of facilities open 24/7. I would suggest however that you will be stuck for time with just 2 hours between flights. Just enough time to transfer with a quick drink inbetween. The airport is awe-inspiring.
Enjoy
Thanks Fixby:

I'm trying to work out a longer stopover but the deal we're getting is so amazing! The airport looks pretty cool and I'd love to be able to stop over a bit longer!
Dramaqueen are you travelling onto Perth with Emirates? if so make sure you get your onward boarding pass in Manchester as Transfers at that time in a morning can be a scrum.
I hope you enjoy seeing people sleeping all over the floor as this is Dubai Airport dont belive all the hype.
I use it twice a week and its a pain inthe butt.
Thanks qatarman! Lol! People sleeping all over the floor? That should be amusing! As long as the duty free is open, I'll hide in there for 2 hours!

Do I just ask at Manchester, or do I have to book the onward boarding pass in advance? Probably a dumb question but I've never done anything like this before, it's always been Manchester to Caribbean with First Choice or Thomas Cook so I've never had to worry! :lol:
Dramaqueen,

I can concur with Qatarman. Although I've never transferred through Dubai, a friend went to New Zealand for his honeymon with Emirates. He said although the airport is an amazing place, it was organised chaos with people spralled all over the place waiting for their connections.

If you are travelling with Emirates all the way, you'll be checked staight through to your final destination from Manchester and issued with all your boarding cards. Same with your luggage, you won't need to collect it and check-in again.

Happy new year!!

Darren
Ah thanks Darren :)
I like chaos! 8) but it's only 2 hours if we keep to ourselves we should manage! If not I'll find a nice corner to hide in :) :bawl

Happy new year :pele
We have just transited Dubai twice in the last few weeks coming from and going to Mumbai, if you land at one of the distant stands, and have to be bussed in to the terminus, then find your outgoing flight leaves from a distant gate (Ours was in the 40s) you will have little time to do anything but head for the gate directly. Last week, on arriving at the transit gate on arrival, you have to go through a security scan which involves taking off shoes , belts etc, and this took about 10 min. or so, which eats in to your transit time. If both your flights are with Emirates they will hold up departure for late flight arrivals, our Mumbai flight was held up about 30 min for this. But be warned it's a real hike to some of the distant gates and if you have a fair bit of hand luggage you will work up a sweat !! Alan
:cry: thanks for the warning!

I'll be safer not taking loads of hand luggage then! I really hate the thought of going that long without a shower but I suppose it's a necessary evil! My brother and I should be OK with the hike but my mums in her 60s! Not sure how she'll cope!
My Mum aged 83 flew Emirates Gatwick to Brisbane in August with short stops at Dubai and Singapore. She coped ok with a fairly long walk at Dubai - it gives you a chance to stretch your legs.

Pippa
Suppose!

I'll have to get her a pair of trainer roller skates so my brother and I can just push her then! :D
Oh Dear, I'm a bit worried now. I am going to Perth in Feb.Normally I travel with singapore airlines, and know Singapore Airport like the back of my hand. This year, I'm flying with Emirates for the 1st time, and am a bit worried that I might not be able to find my way around Dubai Airport, and reach my correct departure gate for my onward journey to Perth in time.
Is there plenty of signs telling passengers in transit which way to go? Changi is so easy to get around and is not chaotic at all. I am travelling alone and am starting to panick now :omg
Why didnt I book with Singapore again :hmmm :hmmm
Has anyone ever done it alone and found it ok??
Thanks in advance
Debbi
Dont panic,if you are onwards by emirates just ask as you arrive and the ground staff will help.
Thanks qatar man. I will ask, but it's just a bit daunting visiting a new airport for the 1st time, and alone too!
I'm sure I will wonder what all the worrying was all about. :wink
Thanks again for your reply,
Debbi x
Debbi
Dubai Airport is one long terminal with the duty free in the middle if they haven't opened the new bit yet. The gates are clearly marked so its no problem finding the gate once you know it. One thing just to watch for, the flight departure boards are two sided one side in Arabic and the other in English so dont do as I did the first time there spend 10 mins in fornt of one waiting for it to display in English!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.