America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
Hi :)
The Enclave suites are getting very mixed reviews at the moment, mainly block 2 which seems to be in need of refurbishment. If you don't need the mini kitchen I would suggest asking TCD to change to the Crowne Plaza, Best Western Plaza or Best Western Lake Buena Vista Resort all of which get better reviews.

If you can book flight only then the Comfort Suites at Maingate East are very nice at about £38 per night.
One of my friends stayed here last year they had just been refurbished he said it was lovely and handy in location.
Hi Jo :)
Can you find out which block they stayed in please, probably block 3 but it would be handy to know :)
Ok but its gonna be tuesday can it wait that long?
Thanks Jo, that would be great. It's not urgent it's just we have friends who've re-booked 2 rooms their for Christmas after going in May, they stayed in block 3 which they said was fine but block 2 looked run down.
We are supposed to get a free continental breakfast at the Enclave but I have read this is only a box with a muffin, fruit juice and a piece of fruit. Can anyone confirm this?
Sounds about right, the free breakfasts aren't always what you'd expect from a "continental breakfast" we've been at hotels where it consisted of watered down orange juice and a cold pancake or biscuit.

Our friends had a freebie upgrade to the "Hot Buffet Breakfast" which they felt was OK but wouldn't have been worth paying hotel prices for. You can get the same standard of food cheaper at any Sizzlers or Ponderosa type all-you-can-stuff-down-your-neck breakfasts for $3.99.
Does anybody know what these are really like? Some reviews on this site and others say they are excellent and clean but others say they are horrible.
How can there be so many differing views? Is it that one paticular block is old and smelly whilst the others have been updated and renovated?
Some views would help as we are going in February and would like a suite/apt to stay in.
I went to the enclave suites in October 2004 just after the hurricanes. We were the last to be dropped off and the block we were staying in had the surface missing on the exterior due to the storms. There was thirteen of us and I thought Oh boy!. The bus dropped us off outside the gates of the hotel which wasn't a major problem this was due to the gates being closed at night. The staff were very helpful and the foyer was lovely. We went to our rooms and they were clean and tidy. One of the cupboard doors fell off and the door of the dishwasher did not work when we looked around. We reported these problems and due to the time of night they were fixed the very next day. We were on the 7th floor and found if you were not out early enough then you had a long wait for the lifts due to them being shared with the cleaners! And the stairs are the last thing you want to tackle up or down and not on your own!! The pools inside and out were well maintained. The biggest drawback was no bar in the hotel to sit and relax in but plenty food places all round within easy walking distance.
We went after the renovation was done and as you look at the blocks we were the one to the left of the main reception. The other thing that bothered me was when we were at the pool one of the regulars was over helpful with the kids. My nephew was contantly being bothered by this man to learn to swim. Although kind of him it became a pain as all the kids wanted to play and have fun as they were on holiday after all. I was a little uncomfortable with this. I would go back quite happily to the enclave. It was just a perfect location for everything. Hope this is of some help to you. :)
Hi

If anyone would like to add a review for this hotel, please do so HERE

Many Thanks.

Pippy :D
One of my neighbours stayed here in July 2005 and she was not impressed at all. She said it was dirty and shabby and would not be her choice if she returns to Florida again.
Roy
Stayed in Orlando for a week July last year. We were in suite/apartment accommodation, never done this before as have always stayed in Disney Properties. It was good to have the extra space, plus kitchin facilites.

It was called Sheraton Vistiana Villages, Lake Buena Vista. They also have some under the same name in International drive. You would need to check out if these locations were good for you. We were in a one bedroom/one lounge for 2 adults & 2 kids but they had two bedroomed ones if you want more space. Our one was clean, jacuzzi bathroom, 2TV's (????) etc. We went with Virgin (probably expensive) on a 2 centre deal, but I'm sure you could do them DIY, there were hundreds and hundreds of them.

These might be worth checking out as an alternative to the enclave suites. Ive checked out the reviews on HT but there is only a couple. I dont know if the mods would want me to put one on now as its over 12 monthe since I've been. :gluck
Reviews for Sheraton Vistiana HERE

Doepsmc

Please feel free to add your review using the above link :wink:

Pippy :D
We are staying at the Enclave suites near Wet 'n' Wild. Is this a resonable walk to Internation Drive?

And roughly how long would this take?
Depends what you call reasonable :)
I-Drive is miles long!, the "Top" part where Wet-n-Wild is has quite a good selection of shops etc. within a 5 to 20 mins radius, the rest of I-Drive is further South and the Outlet shops are Further North. If you're not driving the I-Ride Trolley covers the entire length of I-Drive and is a reasonable way of getting around it.
Yes, I agree, we didnt find it too far at all and to get to the shopping outlets it is soooooooo easy to get on the I-Trolley and cheap too! If I remember correctly it also goes to Seaworld too but dont quote me on that, its been a few years since I went! Oh and there is Belz at one end which has 3 separate buildings or did when I went, and Premier Outlet at the other end of I-Drive... take plenty of cash or plastic ha ha ha :lol:

When we stayed at the Enclave Suites we had a blast... decent room, lots of nice restaurants within a 10-15 min walk, it does have a small pool too which we didnt use because we were out all of the time. I didnt rate the included breakfast much though and ended up getting cereals and milk from the mini mart. It does have a small supplies shop (which can be expensive) but we used the mini market litterally across the street because it was a little cheaper and had more choice (if you are wondering why there are always police cars in that car park its because there is a police post upstairs above the shops - it took a while for us to work that out!!).

And if you are really lucky like we were, our suite overlooked the Wet and Wild park and the lake behind it. You can see the Universal light show in the sky on clear nights and it is a lovely view!

Hope you enjoy it there, any questions, just ask.
We've booked a 2 bedroom suite at the Enclave. I know it's got a mini kitchen etc etc, but the most important thing...

Do the apartments have a hairdryer?! :lol:
Hi

We are staying at the Enclave Suites Orlando in October. They seem to have mixed reports. Would you say that block 3 is the best to ask for?

Thanks

Michelle
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.