Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
English bakery
17 Posts
Hi Rosie ... it's quite an old thread ... click here.

David :wave
hi rosie

we came across this bakery in sept. if you know where the Hotel Regente is and the Hoxton Bar it is across the road from the Hoxton Bar,

It is a little english bakery that has signs saying that it is similiar to Grgegs They sell sausage rolls,pies, pasties, filled rolls, cakes.

I can remember it being a little pricey I think the pasties were about 2 euros 40 cents.

Anyway it is easy to find just head towards the Hotel Regente
There's also an English Bakery near the Hotel Princessa on the row where The Witches Brew restaurant and The Britannia (1 or 2 can't remember) is.
It's a couple of years since I last went but I remember it been quite expensive too.

Sue :)
Forgive me for asking Rosie, but why would you want an English bakery?
I'm not trying to make something out of nothing here, but have you never tried the vast amount of mouth watering, hip increasing, pasteries and bread that is for sale in the Panaderías.?

Sanji x
I'm not trying to make something out of nothing here, but have you never tried the vast amount of mouth watering, hip increasing, pasteries and bread that is for sale in the Panaderías.?

I too love the Spanish Pasteries and bread but when our son was 2/3 he was a very fussy eater and seemed to live on Greggs sausage rolls so the English Bakery was a godsend for us. :lol:

Awww, you see then that I know nothing :oops: sorry.
Who or what the eck are Greggs ? :rofl

Sanjiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii :kiss

When E'vonne went to Beni with her pal in August all she wanted was English products all the time much to E'vonnes frustration. In one cafe her pal moaned to the waiter when her ham and cheese sandwich (She was being adventurous that day), came on a bagette, she told the waiter "I wanted English Bread"....I was quite pleased to hear he told her exactly where to go for it!!!!

Best Regards - Taggyexactly
Thanks helen that was the one i read, and thanks sue, my neice as just got a last minute deal, for next week for her hubbys uncles 50th birthday and she wanted to know if she could get a cake made for him, i to like the spanish pasteries, but won't say no to the cream scone in grannys tea shop i read about not had one in years, not a sweet person really but do like an odd eclair, want one now :lol:

Rosie
Sanji,
Greggs are a very good British bakery. Maybe just in the north as thats where I live.Not everyone that goes to Spain wants Spanish food all the time, specially fussy eaters, So! does that mean they shouldn't go :?: I, myself love Spanish food, but I dont look down on people who want English now & again or want it for their kids.
Sanji,
Greggs are a very good British bakery.

Hi Serena, as Sanji is one of us, ie. from the North, I'm sure that she's well aware what Greggs is and her comment was meant very much tongue in cheek.

We'd better not mention Greggs again otherwise we'll be all get a telling off for going :offtop :rofl
Serena.
As I have lived all my life in Yorkshire, and I have never heard of Greggs, then you'll have to excuse my ignorance.
Don't put words into my mouth, :evil: I wasn't looking down on anyone and didn't know at the time of my post that Rosie was thinking about a birthday cake...she mentioned it after my post if you care to check.

People can eat what they want for all I care, but given the information that I had at the time, I thought Rosie was just looking for pasteries and bread.

Who's rattled your cage tonight.? :roll:

Sanji
Sorry for the misunderstanding Sanji :oops:

I thought that you were just joking :oops:

Greggs used to be called Thurstons if that means anything, they are a chain of bakeries that I believe are nationwide because we saw one of their shops in London.

No problem Sue :kiss
Staniforths, Whites and yes Thurstons, but Greggs I can say that it never registered in my head. :oops:
We definitely don't have one where I shop, but Yorkshire is a big place, afterall Pontefract in West Yorkshire makes pontefract cakes, but you'd be hard pushed to buy any where I live.

Best go back on topic to Benidorm ....me thinks :lol:

Sanji x
Sanji,my cage wasn't rattled at all, I was just pointing out that not everyone that goes to Spain goes for the Spanish food and the way your post read to me was that people who didnt want the food shouldn't go .Even if it wasnt for a birthday cake people may still want english cakes .
Greggs bakery started in Gosforth near Newcastle in the 30s.They now have a 1000 shops nationwide.When I visit my family in the south the products are not the same but twice the price!,
Well, I'm confused. I don't know whether to slap some wrists, close this thread, or move it to the UK forum :hmmm
I think I will close it. If anyone has any inclination to get back on topic and discuss bakeries in Benidorm, please use the link to the existing thread which I have already posted above.

Many thanks
David :wave
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.