Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
We have just booked to stay at this hotel again next year for 1st 2 weeks in July. I can't wait, miss the place already! :D

Anybody else booked for next year yet? 8)

Katie.
Hi Katie

Am so envious you have your hols booked already. I loved Rhodes especially the old town. My son thought the old cobbled streets were great. I really cant think about going anywhere else.

Cazzi x
Hi Katie

Glad you had a great holiday. So you've booked again already :D , we liked it and had a good holiday but prefer the Thomson Fiesta hotels in Ibiza.

Nothing booked for next year, bit too expensive as we have to do school holidays next year so the price is a bit out of our reach.

Shall still read the holiday reports though just in case our numbers come up on the lottery...... :roll:
Hi please can anyone tell me if pool towels are supplied or do we need to take our own ?Has any one been lately ? Is it ok for couples,most of the reviews are from families with kids?
thanks Hassie :?:
Hi

No they don't supply pool towels so you will need to take your own.

As for being suitable for couples, its ok as long as you love kids! The place is definately a family hotel.

While we were there during the second week we found quite a few of the kids were allowed to run round the hotel while their parents were god knows where, and the best was getting in the lifts as a load of kids got out and all the buttons had been pressed so we stopped at every floor! :evil: There are signs up saying that children under a certain age are not allowed in the lifts unsupervised but obviously this doesn't apply to some peoples kids!
Thanks Marie 6319.
We do like kids but our 3 year old granson lives with us so need a break.
Still holding out for a good deal on this hotel,portland still by far the cheapest.
regards :)
Oh - don't tell me Portland are doing it!! We wanted to return there this year but have tried the Portland Website and its not listed in the searches - I guessed they weren't doing it. Humph!

Everywhere else is very expensive for this hotel!
Hi,yes portland are doing it and £300 cheaper than thomsons!!!And £200 cheaper than first choice .That's per person not the whole holiday Amazing price differances :roll:
Hi there, Where is that flying from? Whenever I use the Portland website there is no option for this hotel - I don't know where I'm going wrong!
Hang on a moment - Its not available for 2008!! I was having a blonde moment.....
Hi

No Portland aren't doing it for next year and as you say, everyone else seems to sell this hotel at a huge cost! I know its in the First Choice and Cosmos brochures.

It's worth keeping an eye on what hotels Portland are offering though, as now the second editions are out I've noticed a few of the hotels that only Thomson were offering are now in the Portland brochure instead! And a few places seem to have vanished from both of them!!!!!
Hi Fitzmum

Have you tried jmc. We went with them this year and they are doing it for 2008.

Cazzi x
Hi, have just booked as didn't want to miss day flights from Liverpool.I think we got a good price £1582.08 for two weeks ,meals and seats together and credit card charge. Booked with portland as by far the cheapest.Five and a half weeks to go, 12 september .Something to look forward to :lol: 8)
Hi Cazzi - Yes I did look but its a whopping £600 more than we paid last year.

Apparently there is a different pricing structure for children under 6 ( my son is 7 now :( )

I refuse to pay such an inflated price for the same time / place :x

Cheers xx
Hi

Just noticed the Esperides Beach Hotel is still in the Direct Holidays brochure too, just in case anyones trying to find it anywhere else. :D
Before a question, some advice. we have been going to Esperides for a number of years now and yes it can be expensive to get there but then, you are getting a lot for your money. there are only basically two companies that go there, Thomsons and Thomas Cook.
Portland, Direct Holidays, Airtours and Firstchoice are all now part of the TUI group which owns Thomsons so in theory the should all be the same price!!
What i do is price them up on the net, print of the lowest quote then take that down to my local Thomas Cook shop. we go on the 15th August and by doing that Thomas cook gave us a Discount of £150 per family on that lowest price just to get our business.
Now for my question for those of you who have been there this year. Its our first time since its gone all inclusive and by far from what i have read it seems ok, just a picky point, regards the soft drinks available, do they have diet coke, as from what i have heard from some people this is not always available on 'all inclusive' hotels.
Yes they do have diet coke as a soft drinks option. Hope you have a nice time - we were there last month and it was ok - wouldn't go back though as it was the worst all-inclusive we've been at. Wish I'd taken notice of everyone who said it was better on half board! Ah well - you live n learn! Would def go back to Rhodes though - it's a lovely place.
Hi folks

i am a bit puzzled at what the last poster put i have read most places that it very good all inc ?

but my question is the weather we have had to book late this year (22 sep for two weeks)

has anyone been this sort of time before i know with the freak weather everyone is getting its hard to tell

just hoping to come back with a bit of a tan lol

thanks
Sorry for the confusion - you should have a great time I mean we did I just mean that as far as AI Hotels go - we've been to better organised ones. It was only minor issues we had with the hotel, if you've booked then you should have fun. Most families we met felt the same way - great holiday but would not return. Hae a good time all who have booked. If this had been our first AI then we probably would have been well pleased!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.