Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
Hello to all those who have yet still to go to this Hotel.

We went here for the first time in June this year. :D

Firstly, I just wanted to confirm that we couldn't find any faults with this all inclusive. We have been to quite a few in Cyprus and Spain and this one is defintely the best so far! The food is second to none both in quality and variety. Also the drinks are great both alcoholic and soft - plenty to choose from and not watered down like some places! :shock:

Obviouisly different people have diferent expectations of what they want from their holiday. We are pretty laid back and always go with an open mind, and this hotel and its facilities were even better than we were expecting having read previous reviews. We have a 7 year old who we hardly saw during the day as there is so much for the kids to do, they never get bored, so if the kids are happy then so are the adults! :D

We were so impressed with the place that we have already booked to go there again next year! :D

Anyway, hope everyone going here this year has a great time, I'm sure you will, and look forward to hearing what you thought on your return.

Katie :lol:
me and my partner are going here on the 22/09

cant wait dont think i have read one really bad review of this hotel yet most have just been picky eaters and thats not us we love trying new things

the hotel its self sounds great

just hope the weather holds up!!!!
Have a great time, weather should be gorgeous! remind us to Jonny and the guys..... my little 2 yr old was called Billy, they'l remember us!! :lol:
Can anyone tell me if this hotel has internet access please :?:
Hi there,

Yes this hotel does have internet access. I think you purchase the cards for internet access at reception. You can find the PC area next to the restaurant entrance and oposite reception.

Katie :D
Thank you very much katie. :tup
Hassie
Hi Hassie

Just to let you know the internet costs 7 euros an hour.

Cazzi x
Hi folks

i am a bit puzzled at what the last poster put i have read most places that it very good all inc ?

but my question is the weather we have had to book late this year (22 sep for two weeks)

has anyone been this sort of time before i know with the freak weather everyone is getting its hard to tell

just hoping to come back with a bit of a tan lol

thanks

Hi there - we went last year 9th October - weather absolutely beautiful - not so hot that you couldn't lie in it & we all had fab tans!
Also, the hotel is a little quieter - no queues, rush for sunbeds etc but atill all entertainment going on etc
Just lovely at this time of year - you'll have a great time!
Thanks cazzi,is this on an access type of card ?I don't usually want an hour at a time. :thanks xx
Yes this was on an access code, as long as you remember to log off when finished your remaining time can be used whenever you want to.
The hotel is also a wireless hotspot, you buy an access code which can either be used on your own laptop or the hotels pc's.
The more time you purchase the cheaper it is, 7 euros for one hour, 15 euros for three hours or 30 euros for twenty four hours.
Thanks Michelle :kiss ,Hassie
As you can see i am a bit of an expert on the internet at Esperides, this is due to my msn addicted son that spent nearly his whole holiday stuck on it, but still managed to come home with a better tan than me!!!!
Last time we visited this hotel it was in 2004 when it was Half Board and very good, we are not really into the All Inc Craze as not big eaters or drinkers and like eating out at local places. We would however consider returning to this hotel as the facillities are excellent. I have seen the refurbishment pics of the rooms (thank god they were very bland and basic before) and they look good, the only thing is last time we visited as a family of five are youngest was under two so we all fitted into the four bedroom room with a cot, now though it states on the hotel group web site that there is rooms which sleep five now but all the travel agents have not bought any of these rooms and only have ones which sleep four.
So we are not booking two rooms and paying four adults and getting ripped off. We do this with last minute self catering deals but they are that cheap it doesn't bother us but for us all to do all inc in two rooms they all want between 3000 to 4000 ! when our average self catering hols two weeks in four star accom is between 1200-1400 for all of us.
If any travel agents are reading this please get some of the rooms which sleep five!
Hi all, this is my first post and I'm looking for some info.

I've booked this hotel for next May with my wife and 2 kids (10&8). We've never been all inclusive before and after reading some of the post we are really looking forward to it.

Just a couple of questions I hope some of you can answer :lol:
Whats the weather like in May?

Is the hotel busy in this month?

I've read that they do pizza slices during the day for snaks, do they do burgers as well?

Can you take you own plastic pint glass ( I don't fancy getting up and down for a refill :) ?

Are there any good trips in Rhodes?

The water park is owned by the same company as the hotel, do they give any discounts?

Are the dodgems free?

Is it true that there are alot of Germans in the hotel and is it true they are a bit over powering?

Do the hotel have sky sports?

This is the first batch of questions, no doubt there will be more :wink:

Thanks in advance if anybody can answer them.
One week to go should be there this time next week :D :fly
Bunny 74 ,where did you see the room pics ?
thanks
came back a week ago after our 5th visit, this was our first time there AI.
the hotel and staff never disappoint. BUT we wont be going back until it changes back. we have made some good friends in the hotel over the years and there has always been a good mix there, mainly british and italians. the hotel was forced two years ago by TUI and Thomas Cook to change to AI and if they didnt change to AI , none of there british guests will come there because its cheaper to go to spain. As TUI and Thomas Cook are German companys its not hard to work out which now are the most guests in the hotel. Dont get me wrong they are all not overpowering and we met some good people but for those of you who went there when it wasnt AI, the dynamics have totally changed!
next year will be its last year as AI as it was a three year contract, the manager,the staff and our two familys cant wait!!
now some answers,
weather in may will be hot as it is most times and the good thing is the hotel wont be busy,busy. they do warm pizza, sometimes sausage rolls and always sandwiches, no burgers.
see savvas in the lounge bar or effie and savvas by the pool bar (one near the shop) and you can use any glass!
no discount at the waterpark but at 20e you'll get every pennies worth, its good for the whole day.
dodgems are free and you only get sky news, bbc news and eurosport, there are lots of other foreign stations which include quite a few german! channel 19 is best at night as this has english programmes with greek subtitles.
and please dont be put off by anything i write, you will have a fantastic time, its just we remember it of old!!!
Wow Im glad they are gonna go back to being Half Board. :D
I bet poor old George was missing out on tips too.
I wish they would do something about the towel reserving at 6am too. :x
I felt like throwing them all in the pool it ridiculous!
The pics of the refurbished rooms can be found on esperia-hotels.gr along with all the other hotels they own and even a link to the waterpark which they also own.
Everyone has got to do the Kamikaze slides at the waterpark!
They are so scary!!
They also own a mini funfair in faliraki town.
Oh and there is a cash machine at the hotel.
82 when we go come on mr sun put your hat on for just a few more weeks please
hi. i am interested in going to this hotel in August 08. Can anyone advise if there is enough stuff to do there for both 13 year old and 10 year old. Does anyone know if they can both go in kids club together... also are there any slides in this hotel... how far away is a waterpark.. what is the sunbad situation like.. do you have to get up a 4am to reserve one... is the food choices good.... any help appreciated
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.