Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Excel
205 Posts
good news Helene :D . lets hope im as lucky

lyn
Read in the press yesterday (Boxing Day) that an XL flight returning from Florida to the UK was diverted to Newfoundland after a fuel pump indicated a fault.

250+ passengers spent a couple of nights including Xmas day in that remote part of Canada.

XL stated that repairing the pump was faster than sending a replacement plane. This is often their stated excuse. I question if they EVER have any spare capacity.

Claims will no doubt be arriving with XL soon and I suspect their position will (as ever) state that the fault was unforeseen.

Should any would-be claimants read this thread having checked on this site for help it might prove useful to know that in a case a few years back against Kuoni (at Milton Keynes court if my memory serves) the judge dismissed a claim that mechanical failure is "unforeseen" on the basis that planes are complex mechanical items and need regular servicing to reduce the chances of such failures. Therefore, such failures can hardly been unforeseen.

I takes 6 hours to get a part from Manchester to Newfoundland. I suspect the 48 hour delay results from lack of engineering availability at Newfoundland. Bet XL didn't send an engineer with the part from Manchester.
This morning I received a letter from Excel stating that I was charged for my meal on a flight where complimentary meals are given because as the flight was booked with Freedom flights they charge for meals.On aircraft where other tour opertors use those passengers may already may have paid for the meal within the price of the ticket.I dont accept this as I travelled on a My travel holiday on an Excel flight and paid for my meal on that flight too.How do the flight crew know who is travelling with which company,booking agent etc?.They gave everyone meals on both flights.
Jay Trip
I always understood that Freedom Flights are/were the retail arm of XL......or they were till very recently...there was a management change (buy out ?) at XL a couple of months back so this may or may not be the case now ..............just FYI.

I'm sure someone else must know the relationship now, if any. :roll:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.