Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
boat trips
44 Posts
wE WENT ON ONE LAST OCTOBER FROM MARMARIS BUT I CAN`T REMEMBER THE NAME OF THE BOAT!!iF YOU GO DOWN TO THE HARBOUR IT WAS ABOUT 4 BOATS ALONG AND THE GUYS NAME WAS SHAUN.iT COST US £40 FOR 7 OF US AND IT WAS BRILLIANT.aLL OUR ALCOHOL WAS INCLUDED,PLUS LUNCH AND WE STOPPED AT ABOUT 5 DIFFERENT BAYS and also had an hour in Turunc.....do it!!........sorry about the capital letters!

*Edit
!!........sorry about the capital letters!
please do not post with the caps lock on it is against the T&C of the site Briar
Thanks for all the info
in 10 days can't wait. Stayong at the club anastasia. Have been to marmaris before but we always spend a fortune as we usually spend our nights in the bars along the beach front which tend to be more expensive. Can anyone recommend any good bars which are family orientated away from the seafront. We have an 11 year old and a 4 year old so need to keep them occupied. Also can anyone recommend any good excursions that we will all enjoy.

Thanks Diane.
the simpson boat is great for everyone £10 all inc last year ask for zorro he is great he came to visit are family in blackpool in the winter my son has gone out today to see him,if you see him say hello from me
Can anyone tell me if there is any company that does day trips to the mud baths from Marmaris on a bus rather than on a boat l would love to go back to the mud baths but the boat trip was to long and the time at the mud baths to short
the first time we went to marmaris we went to the baths on a bus, this year we took the boat for a change your right it is a very long way about 3 hours each way i think i know we left at 8.3o and didnt get back till 9 pm. if i was doing the nud baths again id go on the bus
we went on coach first time. we were going to go buy boat this time as i have read it is cheaper. but dont think i will now can you get a coach from anywhere instead of going through the reps as it seems alot dearer that way, we are going to mamaris?.
we booked ours in a little place just up from the great corner restayrant in the amutalan area hope this is of some help
Hiya... im going to marmaris at the end of september... can any one tell me what kind of day trips/excursions would be worth goin on? never been to turkey before :P
Hi Donatello travel do a trip to the mud baths by coach rather than boat. It is great value for money, they also get to the mud baths before the boat trip arrives which means it is much quieter. Donatello travel is beside the ampitheatre in Marmaris. Hope this helps.
Hi we went to marmaris in 2004 and booked our trips with a guy named charlie he was situated at the armutulan area oppisite a place called friendly bar on the corner he saved us a fortune,we took a 3 year old and 13 month old on the jeep safari and they loved it (charlie got us car seats)we go back in 10 days for 2 weeks and charlie will be our first port of call if he is still there.
ilayda travel or something like this in armutalan beside club julian, epic, sun apts etc is great for booking, eddie does good deals and will give good price!we did turkish night which is now in icmeler (you get picked up from hotel!) and quad safari (both excellent!!!) 4 people for £90 which was cheaper than any others i had priced!xxx
:lol: Hi only 1 week to go does anyone have or know any websites for tour operators (boat trips, safaris, etc) and restaurants in marmaris. I have being doing google searches and can.t find any. The reason I want them is as we are so excited and want to look before we go. Thanks.
Hi Sammy
I was looking at the website below just yesterday. The Brothers fun pub is a fabulous Bar/Restaurant with great entertainment. It has moved from its original location to a bit nearer Marmaris centre. It was a really good night out when we were in Marmaris 3 years ago!

http://www.thebrothersfunpub.com/tarkan.phtml

Wendy
Hi we are going to Marmaris this October - wondering if anyone can recommend a good family boat trip (day trip) ?

We don't want to visit any commercial enterprises/ factories etc.

We would like it to include good food at a reasonable price, friendly crew and interesting itinery.

Any suggestions ? Personal recommendations (including specific business /boat names) ?

All suggestions much appreciated :D
Hi I would like to recommend the mega diana boat trip, you can go down to the harbour to book and they also have there own ticket office but i,ve forgot the name of the street, sorry perhaps some other HTs might know this? if you book in advance they will come to your hotel to pick you up and they will even drop you off at the end of the day, this cost £12 each and you get all alcohol and soft drinks througout the day very welcoming in this weather, breakfast which is varied toasties, lunch which is meat, pasta salad i,m a vegetarian so they did me ommeletts which was very nice the staff on the boat are really friendly, my friend and I went in june for 1 week and we went on the boat trip twice, I going back in sept wih my hubby and I will deffinately be going back on the mega diana. hope this helps. x
mega diane can be booked from donetello travel ..best boat weve ever been on ,a post earlier tells you were the office is ,
has any one been on any other trips with donatello? we like the boat trips but we would also like to do the jeep trip and was wondering if anyone had been with this company and is it a good and safe day out. thanks
Hi

Has anyone been on a horse safari im marmaris i am going in september and would love to do it .

Can anyone tell me if they any good .
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.