Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Hi Jon

The Caves of Caunos are an easy one from Marmaris. You can combine it with a fullday trip by boat to see Turtle Beach and the Mud baths. Shop around down at the harbour for some good prices, knocked the rep's prices into a cocked hat when we went! Don't know about Ephesus or Didyma but think there is a fair bit of travelling involved.

We are going to Sarigreme which is nearer to Dalaman than you on the 27th June too. We fly early doors from Glasgow.
Didmya approx 3 hours by car longer by coach
Ephesues about another 1.5 to 2 hours.
They will do from marmaris but make sure coach has air con. and take plenty of water. The temp. is high end of June.
We will be going to Marmaris two weeks today[ it`s been worth the wait ] Iam sick of paying the rip off prices through the reps, Can anyone give us the name and location of a good operator. We are staying at the Club Julian.
Hi we stayed at club julian a few years back nice place,there are plenty of tour operaters around there but we found the best being 5m travel,you can find them mainly on the beach front or if walking there are offices along the way ,we made a bit of mistake this year and went with someone who used to work for 5m on a jeep safari and it wasnt a good day unless you like buckets of muddy water thrown over your head,we love the jeep safari but not this one.We never go with the reps as you said it is a rip off,okay they have to earn their money but why pay more for the same trip 8)
hiya, if u want to book excursions etc then go to lavender travel (guy called eddie) who is practically beside sun apartments-when you come out of club julian at teh front , you can look straight down the street, he's on the left. he'll give you a great deal and was superb. you also get picked up from his 'shop' which is handy cos your local. he'll barter with you and give you a good price/deal, we ended up getting 1 child free on a few trips, well worth paying him a visit! he'll also change any money for you free and with a good rate. i thoroughly recommend him and will be using him again wen i go next month!enjoy your hol xxx

Please do not post in phone text ie U instead of you Briar
Going to Marmaris on 5th June for 2 weeks, can anyone recommend any good excursions, preferrably day cruises, boat trips to Greece & approx. prices/best places to book. Thanking you in advance.
I would recommend booking trips with Moses at estun tours, the one on the harbour just down from the cashpoint, Bays and island day trip All Inclusive was £10 per adult, Jeep safari again £10 with food,also did turkish bath with face pack £6. We will use him again in August 06 when we will be there. good luck.
we have just booked to go to marmaris in august 2006, what excursions are the best? i have 2 sons age 14 and 6 and want trips that will suit both of them.
lots of people keep mentioning the jeep safari so will probably do that :D
where is the best place to book them? i keep reading not to book them with with the reps as they are mega expensive.
we are staying in the portobello,has anyone else stayed there and if so is it as good as it looks?
hi the jeep safari is great for all ages, its just one big water fight, the hotels usually have water guns you can borrow or you can buy really cheap, you will be able to book trips along the shops as they are many places advertising trips or book through the waiters as they get a bit of commission that way, the boast trips are good also, have you been to turkey before stef
hi all

the jeep safari in marmaris is a must :wow we had a great time,like as been said book with an agent not your reps as they are mega exspenisve

going again on 26th june to the portebello aprts in marmaris cant wait hopefully see the mighty ENGLAND :bow win the world cup :yikes i wish :D :D :D

regards

ed :thanks
Is the jeep safari suitable for a 3 & 5 year old ?
we haven't done a jeep safari as my hubby has very brittle bones, but the jeeps we saw picking people up in, didn't seem to have seatbelts and the ones in the back were clinging onto the kids as well as trying to hold onto roofbar.
personally to me i wouldn't thinks young kids of that age would enjoy bouncing around on quite along trip, my 2 age 14 and 12 probably would get bored.
maybe somebody who has done the trip with young kids can give you a better answer
ali
Interesting day out is Knidos on the Datca peninsula. Vast, ancient site and beautiful scenery. Beware though very very hot in August. Buses run hourly from Marmaris to Datca takes about an hour costs very little I'm sure someone told me less than £5 return. Then you can take a boat trip from the harbour down to Knidos or another bus or taxi. Datca itself makes a good day out from Marmaris. Quiet peaceful little harbour town, nice restaurants round the harbour and some blue flag beaches. all a few minutes walk from the bus terminal. The journey there passes through stunning mountain scenery.
HI THERE, WENT TO MARMARIS MAY 2005 WAS GREAT BUT YOU DO NEED TO GET OUT AND ABOUT ANS IT AND ICHMELER ARE SORT OF TRAPPED IN A BAY. TRY BOOKING TRIPS THROUGH SHOPS SUCH AS MR TRAVEL WHICH YOULL FIND ON THE PROMENADE HALF WAY BETWEEN THE SMALL MCDONALDS AND THE BAZAAR END OF TOWN. THERE ARE SOME GREAT TOURS AVAILABLE SUCH AS EPHESIS ONE OF THE SEVEN WONDERS OF THE WORLD, PUMMUKALE TO SEE THE CALCIFIED WATER CASCADES BOTH TRIPS ARE FULL DAYS AND TAKE A LONG TIME @3HRS+ TO GET THERE. IT IS MUCH BETTER TO GO ON THE OVERNIGHT STAY 2 DAY TRIP WHICH INCLUDES BOTH BUT WITH MORE TIME THERE AND LESS TIME ON THE ROAD. ANOTHER GREAT TOUR IS DALYAN AND THE MUD BATHS WHICH ARE FAB IF SMELLY BUT WELL WORTH IT FOLLOWED BY A TRIP TO TURTLE BEACH WHERE REAL LOGGERHEAD TURTLES BREED. IF YOU WANT TO GO TO BODRUM I ADVISE NOT TO GO BY HYDROFOIL AS IT IS EXPENSIVE,OLD AND TAKES AGES TO GET THERE LEAVING ONLY @4 HOURS TO VISIT. WE WENT ON A LOCAL BUS FROM MARMARIS AND IT COST @ £5 RETURN FOR ALL THREE OF US.THE JOURNEY IS A LONG ONE @3HRS BUT IS COMFY AND FLEXIBLE IN THAT YOU GO VERY EARLY AND CAN RETURN ON ANY BUS THAT DAY LEAVING PLENTY OF TIME TO SIGHT SEE. BE WARNED ALL TOURS STOP AT THE CARPET MAKING FACTORIES. THERE IS SO MUCH TO DO AND SEE IM SURE YOULL HAVE A GREAT TIME AND WILL WANT TO RETURN

*edit please do not post with Caps lock on it is against the T&C of HT thanks Briar
Me and my friend (both 18) are going to marmaris at the end of June
We would like suggestions on things to do or places to see as we don't know Marmaris well but we were there last year, and just didn't know how to go about sorting things out then.

We hope to be more organised this year lol

Any help is much appreciated :D
Off to Marmaris for the first time in 2 weeks and Im trying to choose a trip to suit us (2 adults 2 kids 11 & 8 and a pensioner) They have said no to mud baths, jeep safari and carpet factories!!!! but have all said yes to a boat trip. I have done a bit searching on the site and have read about a 12 island boat trip.
Can you do this trip from Marmaris and could some one give me an idea what the day entails.(apart from a boat and 12 islands)
If not what kind of trip can I do and what is the best place to book (stopping at Club Alize)?
Think I read its about £15/adult and half price for kids, is this right?
And do some people get sea sick, never done a boat trip before.
Thanks
with regard to price,from fetiye it was about £7 each under 5s were free.
find the boat yourself maybe wait till the boats are coming in on an evening and ask some people who are getting off.
your own instincts will tell you what suits you best,some boats are very big and lively and some are not.
personally we went on boats holding about 50 people although they were not full.
so it was comfy,the food was fine, fish or chicken with bread and salad.
we went on 3 trips and all were excellent value and a good day out.
although we went from fetiye i dont think you will find it any different from marmaris.
dont buy from the boat selling ice cream unless you want your first £5 ice cream.
dont book thru your tour operator you will pay them far to much and you dont get anything you wouldnt by doing it yourself.
some of the car hire/trips shops offer a good deal but like with everything in turkey confirm what you are getting then haggle a little. :lol:
maybe go check out the boat they are offering.
We did the five bay boat trip from Icmeler last year, £6 each. We go on one every year however make sure you go on one that guarantees a sunbed for everyone, the first year (2002) we were stuck on the lower deck for the whole trip, the boat was packed.

Take plenty of suncream with you as it gets hot hot hot.

Regarding sea sickness we have never had a problem however if you do feel a bit icky then just look at the horizon, it should sort you out.

Have a great day.

Dave
we go twice a year to marmaris and every time we book the boat trip.
we always book with a good freind called tanner, he runs club dante which is directly opposite the hotel anastacia.
his trip costs either 10 or 12 quid i can't remember which.you must bear in mind that you get what you pay for and with him it includes lunch and all your drinks, you may be able to get a better price but i have heard that on some trips you have to pay for your drinks which can make it an exspensive day so please check where ever you book
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.