Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
Don't know if this will help but last year (2adults plus 2kids) we had a few evening meals out and found we were spending between 40 and 50 Euros. Not gourmet meals simplish greek food, eg 2 starters, 4 mains, 2 ice creams, litre water, 2 beers, 2 cokes or juices, or bottle of local wine instead of beers.

I thought it compared favourably to Minorca a couple of years before where we were paying 60 to 70Es for similar fare. Hope this helps a bit.
Depends where you go i.e. Typical Meal for 2 Adults and 2 Children

Skiathos : 55-65 Euro's

Lesbos : 40 -50 Euro's
Yes that did cross my mind, but unfortunately Joanne R didn't indicate which Island she was going to. In my post above I was actually talking about Crete. :D
on samos we where spending about 35-40 euros a night for four of us
sorry everyone we are going to laganas for 2 weeks :oops:

I know you arn`t mind readers are the amounts given just for the evening meals or all day :? and thanks to all who replied
Hi Joanne, my example was just for an evening meal. :(

I was thinking about it though, and though that I would probably plan for 100Euros a day if I was self catering. With a cash card/CC for back up. But so much depends on what you like to do as a family some people are happy with just the sea and the pool and are prepared to do a bit of SC. Others want to do trips, watersports and eat out 3 times a day for 14 days which would push costs up considerably.
Thanks doepsmc, dont do any watersports as our son is only 9 do the odd trip but our 9 yr old just wants to be in the pool and especially this year as he as just learnt to swim so will be even more confident in the water :roll: having said that he is a wanter so prob need to save and save like mad now and like you said take a card with us just to be safe although dont normally take it thanks for all the advice every bit helps :lol:
My example was also just for the evening meal. I would say that for a family of 3, 100-150 Euro's a day on average would cover everything, i.e Trips, Car hire, Meals out, pack lunches/breakfast. Again you can spend as little or as much as you like. The Windmill restuarant in Skiathos would put us back 100 -125 Euro's for a meal for 4, almost double anywhere else...not worth it in my opinion.
We've been going to Greece since 1980 but have noticed the price of food has increased so much since the Euro but once again depends on where you go, Kefalonia is our favorite Island and it is expensive but as we like it so much we are prepared to pay, we are not big eaters so holidays are reasonably ok, but with children a lot of people we know have chosen to go all in as they say they find that cheaper so shop around, enjoy where ever you end up.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.