Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
I'm looking to do a DIY to the Algarve for October and I've a choice of flights -
Thomas Cook leave at 7am and XL at 8.50am.
Timewise, the XL flight time is better as it means we won't be hanging around before check-in when we get to our apartment, however I've noticed some negative things about them, particularly delays.
Price difference is about £60 and as it's not a great deal I'm wondering if I should just book TC.
What do you guys who travel regularly to Faro think? Which would you pick?
puddleduck2,

As no one else has replied (and it's your second posting!), I'll make comment. It's really personal preference. I'm a frequent flyer with FCA because I know I can rely on them and there flight schedule and prices have often suited my needs (along with offering the carrage of 10kg of diving equipment FOC). I fell out with TCX because of the new luggage policy, its silly. If XL in your case provides a more favourable flight in terms of schedule and price and thats better for you, then it might be worth booking with them. XL try and keep to their schedule as much as possible. Time is money and its in their interest to get you off on time. All airlines have delays from time to time which are often unavoidable and not the fault of the airline. XL run a far tighter schedule than TCX do with little margin for error which is probably why they are less punctual. Ultimately, it's up to you and what suits your travel arrangements.

Darren
Whoops! :oops: I'd also posted in the Algarve forum so it looks like mods have moved that one...

Thanks for your input Daz.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.