Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
thats just awful, truly awful, we' ve take part in jeep safaris a number of times , my children love them. My daughters 8 so really hits home, what a tragic accident for everyone.
Oh my god, this is so terribly sad... what an awful thing to happen...my thoughts are with all family and friends!
very sad news, my daughter is also 8 and i just feel so sorry for this family, what a dreadful thing to happen especially on holiday !!!
we went this year with Focus in Olu Deniz, the jeeps were more like trucks, forward facing seats, and seatbelts which we strapped the kids in, (they were a bit tight for me !! )
the drivers did play around quite a bit, and the water fighting was encouraged between customers, not the drivers though, we felt quite safe .

this is very sad indeed, But I am not surprised it has happened
How very sad, and lets hope the others involved recover from their injuries. We went on one from Olu last year, and the drivers were often involved, it isn't hard to see how such an accident can happen, although the comment in the report from the tour company who said about people in the jeeps being advised not to squirt locals seems a bit strange when it was caused by someone on the side of the road.

Very sad indeed.
what a tragic story.
I just hope any other family going on these jeep safaris make sure their children are wearing seat belts.
I mean you wouldn't let your 8 year old stand about in your car without a seat belt on having a water pistol fight at home. I know it might ruin the jeep safari but it might save a life. :(
It is a wonder there are not more accidents with these jeep safaris ,no seat belts and firing water pistols at each other ,you would be prosicuted in this country for less .Why is it people think it is ok to do these things on holiday ,when they would never think of doing them at home.

God bless the people who lost there lives and god help there family to cope with this terrible tragedy. :cry

Bluepeterno1
Because they're great fun, the weather is a lot hotter and the roads are far less busy than here. Also, a lot of the driving is on dirt-tracks and off-road.

Accidents happen and they're always tragic when fatalaties and injuries result. This country is obsessed with risk assessment and health and safety and accidents still happen. This is a terrible tragedy and I don't intend to make it any less of one. My thoughts and prayers are with the family.

It would be interesting to know what was squirted at the driver.
What a sad story and a tragic accident...

I think children should always have a seat belt on in any car ride though, it's just not safe not to wear one. I wouldn't let my children go on a jeep safari if there were no seat belts.
What a truely tragic thing to happen. My thoughts go out to those they leave behind.
I wonder how the nice travel insurance people view the term "jeep safari"...

Very sad, and whilst as the father of a ten year old my heart goes out to all concerned, I do sometimes think people lose their marbles a bit in the sun
uknewsfan wrote:
I wonder how the nice travel insurance people view the term "jeep safari"...

Very sad, and whilst as the father of a ten year old my heart goes out to all concerned, I do sometimes think people lose their marbles a bit in the sun

We have never been on one, but I would fear the worst unfortunately. :(

At a Thomson welcome meeting, they said that if you had taken their Insurance it would only cover their recommended trip, as they had checked out the vehicles for safety and seat belts. They seemed to favor 'truck safaris' rather than 'jeep safaris' the later of which they didn't offer.

These unfortunate folk were on holiday with First Choice, not sure if they operate the same system.
No amount of insurance can make up for the loss of a loved one especially a child .

Never beenm on one and never will.

Bluepeterno1
Sorry to hear of this terrible accident. My thoughts are with the families involved.

I am amazed though to read reports of passengers standing up with water pistols whilst the jeep was moving on a road - surely an accident waiting to happen.
Very, very sad. My heart goes out to all concerned.
So sad my heart goes out to them and their familys we have done the jeep safari and found it a good day out yes i think you should have seat belts has i was a bit wary the last one we went one has we did go fast and we had young children with us.
I have been on a jeep safari with the tour firm in question and on pick-up the driver advised us to wear seat-belts at all times,which we did.Bit obvious really as you wouldn't go out without a seat-belt in this country would you ?
Never once did I feel we were going too fast or in any danger.
My heart goes out to the family but not wearing a seat-belt and standing up in a moving vehicle you have to say that these poor people contributed to their own deaths.
Its tragic, we went on a few excursions with Sarigerme tours and they must be devastated as they are a fantastic bunch and always put their customers safety first, hope this doesn't affect them as the accident could have happened with any tour operator. Hope First choice don't use this as a weapon against Sarigerme tours :(

Jo
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.