Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Jeep Safari.
35 Posts
All the jeep companies will be insured and I'm sure you would be covered by your own insurance anyway, I'm sure it's not classed as a dangerous sport.
yes they are insured as it is law from tursab just ask to check they have a valid certificate on the wall or in a folder its all in turkish but you will understand the date
:sun2
We have done quite a few jeep safaris,we have been on them when the drivers have been stopped on the roadside by the police to check their documents and insurance,and everything was in order and sent on our way.Great fun day,if you like getting wet! ;)
We go on a jeep safari every time we're in Turkey and I've never got wet or seen anyone else get wet. There must be different types of safaris out there.
A bit off the topic but in answere to the last post,we stopped going on the jeep safaris in Icmeler for the reason that to much water was being thrown about.
People were using huge water blasters and all types of water containers to drench other jeepers.
One safari we did the driver stopped under one of those roadside water showers went foreword a little then reversed under it again,the wife was not amused.
On another occasion as we were leaving one place, the local children turned a hose on the group of jeeps this was a regular ploy encouraged by the drivers of the jeeps.
This is not a one off but seems to be the main sort of entertainment now on these jeep safaris and that is, trying to saturate other holidaymakers and it is not a new thing but going on for several years.

When the old jeep safari comes back were you wind through the scenic countryside and laze on a quiet beach for a couple of hours again you will find the wife and I enjoying this wonderfull day out,but no water please.

Gene
I wouldfind too much water rather off putting too. I don't mind getting soaked but I think I would have 2 very unhappy and probabaly crying little girls if they sprayed water all over them :yikes
the reason we go is for all the water fights and the laugh!

like they say, one persons heaven is another persons hell!!!

xxxx
I would like to do jeep safari without the water. I have only been on one and loved it but I did think how nice it would be to have a good look at the countryside without getting drenched all the time.
for those wanting private jeep safaris please contact me..... I am in the process of negotiating a private tour...water free and taking in some other quality sights on the boz peninsula....
Would also like to know what people would want to do.
The ball park figure would be 80 pounds per jeep... this wouldn't include food but would be insured and licensed. Also it would vivst places where prices weren't hiked for jeeps..eg 3.5 for a beer and 8 ytl for a shish kebab..... i do have extensive knowledge of the bozburun and can ensure a quality day out.
I can also do a quality jeep to Datca but would be a bit more..... if you have a few people then it will work out cheap...please pm with ideas as we don't want to hijack the thread...
Cheers
I think there should be more jeep safaris that cater for people who don't want to be soaked. I'm sure I would have enjoyed it when I used to go on holiday with my friends but now I have a family it would put me off going, I know my parents have looked at Jeep safaris too and thought about going but they would be horriefied if someone turned a water blaster on them :yikes I actually had no idea they were that bad, the last time I went on one was a long time ago and there were no water fights then, it was just a really nice day out.
There are 'dry' jeep safaris out there as well.

It's just a case of double checking with whoever you are booking with.

John.
The last jeep safari I did 2 years ago started off from a garage forecourt,they threw buckets of water over everyone,then when we started off they turned the hose pipes on us all,20 min later they drove us through a shallow river,the drivers then jumped out and threw buckets of dirty water on us,this went on all day,need I say anymore...on our last stop,there was a dry jeep parked closeby,and people jumped off their jeeps and soaked them with their waterguns also.!give me back the old times when you could take your camera and have a lovely day out.
I was reading up on the Jeep safaris and how they can become very silly regarding the amount of water that is thrown on you, I for one would like to go out there and see the sights etc, Chelsea Boy you were mentioning doing a trip without all the water, could you give any more info on this. I will be coming out to marmaris end of may and there are 6 of us,, also I will be coming out again end of June.
Kristina :cheers
We will be in Hisaronu in August, can anyone recommend a "dry" jeep safari? Thanks Pete
sorry don't know how I managed to post to the wrong thread, mind must be elsewhere, sorry!
ally
  • Edited by Nyle 2010-02-08 16:20:55
Jimmies Okimo Bar is still there.

In answere to the dry jeep safaris,this is ok until you meet the other jeeps who then delight in drenching you because you are "Dry"
Chelsea Boy would of course know were to take you away from the normal visiting stops to avoid the usual crowds and water,focusing just on the scenery and places of interest.

Gene
There seem to be several HTers that want something different to the usual water fight and same old places... hopefully this is the answer
http://www.marmarisyellowpages.com/jeepboz.html

There is also one to Datca, webpage in the making... ;)
Hi Chelsea-boy,there are only 2 of us coming to Icmeler in August,do you think there is any chance of us being able to tag on with some others,how many people does the jeep take at a time?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.