Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
connie,
you will be able to get a glass, or bottle, of wine at any of the stops on the way. although some coach firms used to sell beer etc on the coach i'm sure that has stopped.
i do know of some regular coach travellers :zip who always take a bottle of diet coke from home to help them sleep at night :really
maybe a couple of small bottles of sprite(anything thats not seethrough) would help you ;)
You will be fined 140 euros by the french police if they catch you drinking alcohol on a coach. not worth the risk.
Thank you everyone for the info, think we will pass on the wine and make up for it when we arrive.
As a "condition of carriage" for coaches, the consumption of alcohol is forbidden .
Ferris forbid the consumption of alcohol on their coaches.

For all coaches, or just Ferris?

You will be fined 140 euros by the french police if they catch you drinking alcohol on a coach. not worth the risk.

Since when?

The reason i ask is that on my last two journeys last year with Interbrava, and previously with Redcrest, etc, they have always sold alcohol on the bus, throughout the UK, France, and Spain. SURELY if this is against the law these coach companies wouldn't do it?
Beer was available on Siesta coaches this year
Alchohol is not allowed on Ferris Coaches as previously stated but I suggest take your own and drink it at one of the stops.

Also news for 2009 Ray Ferris is hoping to do Cruise and Stay to Albuferia (Portugal) looking forward to new brochure and It seem unlikely that they will be coaching to Salou.
When can we expect 2009 brochures to be out

Have other holidays booked for next year , but hoping i can fit
a Ferris holiday earlier in the season .
Most of them usually appear mid-late September
Hi
Went to Pineda with Ferris in August and had a brilliant time - can't wait for the new brochure to come out! However I have a small concern and wonder what opinions people had - I really enjoy watching the films on the journey it really helps to while away the hours - but I'm a little worried about the films we watched this time - among others Little Man, Meet Dave and Don't Mess with the Zohan - now I'm no prude but I had my 6 year old daughter with me and wouldn't normally have let her watch those films - thankfully she wasn't too interested and I was able to distract her with my MP3 player. The hostess says you can let her know if you're not happy - but who wants to risk upsetting the rest of the passengers. These were pirate copies and all were rated 12a or higher - atleast 25% of the passengers were under 12. Could perhaps the "older" films be played later in the evening when many youngsters have gone to sleep - I'm not suggesting "sugery sweet" films but there are many universal family films that can entertain all ages - during the early evening. Just wondered if anyone else shared my view?
I dont normally watch any of the films that are played , because i love looking out the window and reading , but each time we have been with and without the children, more grown up films were always shown later in the evening , maybe it depends on your hostess, the choice of films .

I'm s glad you had a great time and will use Ferris again , i'm also waiting for next years brochure
Hello everyone, have been looking at Ferris prices for 2009 and find they have risen alot, eqivilant holiday i went on this year has gone up by £70 per person, guess it should be expected, anyone booking for 2009? Not sure we will go next year :(
Hi, where did you go and when ?
i have been looking at booking for a week maybe may half term .
we have always had good holidays with ferris in the past, but i found the journey too much the last time we went 2007, so flew to greece this year , and have got gran canaria booked for next year, but would really love to give ferris another try, ideally would like an overnight stop now
I wonder if, with fuel prices dropping now, if all the companies will start refunding people who've already booked, an anti fuel surcharge if you know what i mean!

I think we all know the answer!
I have just received the 2009 Ferris Brochure it is more like a weekly Asda handout, I know it is a first edition but the selection of holidays is paltry in comparison to previous years.It may be that more customers are booking on line but is a bit of a letdown, it usually sets me up for next years holiday plans.
i have also received my Brochure and thought the same as you Pancho
but when i said to my hubby how there was not so many hotels shown as usual , he pointed out to me
that the full brochure will be out december 2008, and that the brochure we received was the most popular hotel choices. Lets hope things get better
Hi, I travel with Ferris Coach Holidays every year with my family. However, we are not going on holiday this year as money is tight!!

We are planning on booking a holiday with ferris for next year (2010) so I would like to know where other ferris users are going etc. Also, my 15 year old daughter will be alone next year as her sister no longer comes on holiday with us, so if there is anybody with children around her age I would be greatful if we could get to know eachother so our children could possibly hang out whilst on hols!!
Hi Jo
We have travelled with Ferris 9 times and always had a great holiday , i can still remember our first trip and not knowing what to expect on the journey , i dont think i slept a wink . We were upstairs at the front of the coach and i think i drove all the way . We stayed at the papi, before it was altered , and there were no hotels at the back it was just open scrub land . We have stayed in all of the resorts except Tossa , and some of the hotels are not even used by Ferris anymore . One of the best holidays was in Fenals at the hotel Terra Brava which is now the Fenal Gardens , and the worse for me was The Olympic in Calella which was a Ferris special , that was also the last holiday we had with them in 2007 because i found the journey to much , and said never again unless they did an overnight stop in France. In saying that tho i did miss the journey last year , and again this year as we are not going away until October , but i am keeping my eye open on perhaps a cheapie for a long weekend , my hubby doesn't get as many holidays as i do . i can relate to the problem you have with your daughter as we had the same with my son , so we took one of his friends with us and it worked out great, we had some ground rules about freedom , and meeting up at a certain time of an evening , me and hubby had time for us to do what we wanted like shopping and the boys had their time , we did always eat together though . I'm sure you will sort something out and enjoy Ferris holidays for a few more years yet .
ferris coach holidays is lovely the cleanness of the coach is so great i love it.the only thing that let it down is when it takes forever to get to dover. but everything else was so wonderfull i cant wait to travel with them again :)
Just received my new brochure , going to have a coffee and a read through see if there is anything new , haven't been with Ferris for the last two years , but can be tempted again . Anybody else had their brochure and tinking of booking again , where and when .
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.