Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
koppers
174 Posts
Ella06

I do hope you are not going to Calella Palace as they have opened it before the refurbish has been finish, there are loads of complaints this year about it. People had alot of stuff stolen too....nothing i heard was good
angie baby; this forum is excellent for research. I fully recommend it as its not written by people trying to sell you anything but by people who are experiencing it first hand. A bit off topic I know but well done the board owners and the mods for keeping this 'vital' resource going.
Does anyone know when the Ferris brochure for 2007 is out.

I have just received a Siesta brochure and it looks like they are trying to compete pricewise.

Has anyone ever been with Siesta, how does it compare.
if siesta have dropped their prices enough to compete with ferris that will be great news, as i have wanted to go to estartit(in a hotel) for ages, but ferris have always been £100 cheaper to go elsewhere, so i end up in lloret or calella.
i will await the new brochures with interest.
Hello

I always travel with Siesta and this year the prices didn't seem much higher than they were 3 years ago when we last went.

The difference this time is there is no under occupancy charges.

You pick your lodge/caravan/hotel and pay the cost of the accommodation then the coach prices extra if needed.

With the caravans/lodges you can have as many people as you want sharing up to the maximum limit.

You can always do a price search on Siestas web site to see how they compare with other tour operators. (And of course save money by booking online )
:lol:
Have only ever travelled with Ferris, looked on the Siesta web site and they dont pick up in S.Wales , would have been tempted to see what they had to offer different from Ferris as we only have Salou left to do with them .
I hadn't realised that they done cover the south of Wales, but then they don't cover Scotland either for the Disney package trips.

You could always ask them if they would consider your stop (they might depending on the amount of people traveling)
Just been on siesta website, found 1 hotel i like and it was £103 dearer on next years prices compared to ferris this year. so it would be around £50 dearer I would think. The thing i have not found is free child places which ferris do in abundance, making it cheaper for families. :D
angiebaby40

Yes i am going to Calella palace :roll:

I have heard both bad and good about the hotel. I guess ill just have to wait and see.

there is one good thing though, we dont have to spend all our time in this hotel, seeing as we have the chance to go to all of the H top hotels.
Hello ratistuta

I had a look at the Ferris web site but they don't run coaches from Scotland which is a pity as they have some good destinations.

With Siesta and the free child place, this only comes into effect on the coach travel; you may get a free seat as the lodges are cost per unit rather than per person. Did you do the book online and get a cost there?
Got a quote from siesta on line for sanguli lodges next year and it was £2100 for 3 adults, 2 children. can get an holiday with ferris in a hotel, half board for around £1500 in salou. there are other companies we can use as most of them pick up from sheffield. but i will keep my options open for now. 8)
As Ferris has extended its late holidays to take in Welsh schools half term holiday , when can we expect the new 2007 brochure.

Soon i hope , cant wait to see if there are new hotels or resorts added.
Ferris now booking online for 2007.
We have booked our first coach holiday with Ferris and are going to the Hotel Papi in Malgrat. We searched the internet to check this hotel is ok, and all reports are good.

We wanted a cheap holiday abroad and got it, two adults and two kids one age 9 one 15 in hotel full board for 14 days/11 nights with platinum seating at the beginning of September for only £762.
Any one stayed at or have any info on the Hotel Maeva in Lloret,its in the Ferris brochure.
I have added the Maeva Hotel to our review section HERE

Reviews for the Papi Hotel can be found HERE

If anyone has stayed at any of these hotels, please add your review to help other members.

TIA

Kath HT Admin
If its only somewhere to sleep then the Maeva will be ok for you , as its b/b i dont think there are facilities for making a cuppa or a slight snack . No swimming pool but with the beach opposite who needs one , its in a good position , close to bars and snack bars.
I have booked an all inclusive budget special for July. As anyone been on one of these holidays, which hotels were allocated.
I have also booked an Al special for August, this will be the first time we have chosed to do so. On the journey last year a family that had booked a special were allocated in the Pineda Palace, but that hotel is not in the Ferris brochure for this year. As your going before me please let us know where you were allocated. Have a great holiday .

Lynne
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.