Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
Ferris Holidays
174 Posts
PS We're from Lowestoft (Suffolk) and travel with London Colney Coaches (Tel. 01502 512244)
Returned yesterday after 2 weeks away and cant fault Ferris at all , brilliant trip both going and coming home . The drivers and hostesses were marvellous and added to the holiday. We used the platinum coach for the first time this year, and what a difference that made.

Cant wait for 2007 brochure to come out now .

Lynne.
My family and I have been to Spain four times with Ferris, and we have thouroughly enjoyed each trip. However my wife hates the coach journey, and is very critical of the blase attitude of the drivers and hostess's. Hopefully reading the last post this may have changed, have they improved the service, do they have quiz's, raffles and karaoke ?

We have flown to Spain for the last couple of years, it is obviousley a lot quicker but boring compared to the atmosphere of the coach. Up to now we will br "Ferrissing" next year.

One thing that has not been is swollen ankles and feet, it may be advisable to wear "flight" socks to prevent this from happening.
Just about recovered from the coach holiday to spain. first two weeks in august. I did suffer from swollen ankles, but recovered the next day. Journey to spain ok, we played bingo. Coming home we hit a parked car in france.(service station). then we got stopped,passport check at calais, arrived at dover, wham coach gets pulled all suitcases off, 2 hours plus behind. got back in sheffield 4pm. latest ever been home. despite all that we will be booking with mr ferris next year. good on you mr ferris. :)
when i went in may our coach also got stopped at customs and they had to get all the cases off.
it seemed to take an age, and needless to say mine was one of the last to come through. fortunately i was getting off at dover anyway so i was off to the station before they had finished searching the coach.
are these searches getting more frequent?
We returned on Wednesday and were very lucky , we had to get off the coach and walk through passport control, but the coach wasn't pulled over for searching.

Lynne
Three coaches were stopped that day. the stewardess says they are stopping ferris coaches more often. we were the third coach pulled, so our cases took for ever to come through. out of four cases one had been opened, I got my spare bd needles for my insulin pens in that case, but everything turned out to be ok. 8)
We came back on Wednesday too ; sailed through customs then got stuck on the M25 for an eternity. Also our coach developed a fault with the balancing computer which made a very bouncy ride on the way back. We were on the normal cattle truck service but was ok.

LLindy - where was you stopping, we were in the Monteplaya in Malgrat (I'll put a warts and all review) in the section later :)
We stayed at the H Top Paradis Park in Pineda. Was on a 13 day 10 night holiday i have already posted my review.

We were warned at dover that the M25 was causing delays so our driver took us on a sight seeing excursion of London. Caught the 8.05 ferry from calais and arrived back in S. Wales about 2.30 which was the latest we have ever been , but it did not spoil the trip .
We were on 7.20 ferry from Calais...we just made it and they were shutting the doors as we got off the coach...
could anybody give any idea of the difference between the two as i have been on the normal ones but this year i payed extra for the platinum coaches
We used the platinum coach for the first time this year, it was a more comfortable journey because you had more leg space, the seats reclined further back better for sleeping , trays for your drinks . Well worth the extra money in my opinion .
We went cattle class but next year it will be definitely 'platinum' - our bus was full of kids and it got a bit rowdy at times and seems there's not as many on them.....you can only take 'are we there yet' so many times on the journey :)
We went platinuim this time, well worth the extra cost, loads of kids on our coach. school holidays contribute to this. 8)
Third holiday with ferris and cant complain too much about the journey at all. 1 comment would be that they seem to have cut the stops down a bit. Staff are always lovely but dont stock enough pot noodles ha ha, take your own. Take pillows and blankets on the coach for comfort.
Stayed in Pineda at Hotel Koppers and to be honest if Ferris wish to keep their reputation they will drop this hotel like a hot brick (it is 2* and you really do get what you pay for). For £10 pp more you can stay at the Stella which is 110% better (nicer surroundings and atmosphere, friendly staff, a ferris rep, better selection of food and wait for it.......entertainment!!)
So Ferris if you are clever enough to read these forums do yourself a favour and get rid of Hotel Koppers.
angiebaby,
if the hotel is not that good, why don't you write to ferris and tell them.
they are normally very pleased to get feedback.
did you post a review of your hotel.
A agree with what jimd has said and would get in touch with Ferris direct.

We travelled on the 11/8 and dropped off a this hotel on the 12/8 and my immediate reaction was glad i'm not staying here. We only ever had one bad hotel with Ferris and that was at the Hotel Eton in Lloret which Ferris no longer use, so unless you complain direct Mr Ferris will assume everything is ok .

Lynne
I've added the Koppers hotel to our review site.

If anyone has stayed here then please add your review by Clicking Here

Many Thanks :wave
I have been with Ferris loads of times, and i have never had any bad hotels, they have always been good. :D

Going next monday with ferris again to Calella cant wait :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.