Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
Ferris Holidays
174 Posts
Going with an open mind , the only hotel that i hope we dont get allocated to is the Esplai in Calella, have stayed here twice and that was before it became an A/l.
if money was not a big issue, what company would you use?
Ferris or Siesta would be my choice. tried and tested. Sunways in reserve.
Is that based on a more comfortable journey

Thanks so far by the way
Comfortable yes, its a long ride from Sheffield.
All the staff involved with these coaches all seem to be very good. Making it all worth the while travelling to the costa brava.
well thanks I think I will book with ferris tomorrow, they seemed very friendly!
its booked with ferris, this will be the first time I have not been with cantabrica
has anyone been with ferris to salou and stayed in apartments??i cant find ANY info anywhere from anyone who has been with ferris to salou apartments. is this a good or a bad sign??
any info would be appreciated
According to their website they use different apartments in Salou and you are told where you will be staying on arrival, so they could be anyone of the many apartments in Salou. Karen
Although all about Costa Brava at least this gives you some idea about the company :D
Thanks mrnkar and fiona for the replies. Ferris seem to be one of the better companies and this forum(thanks for the link) seems to substantiate that. Just thought it strange that no one who has travelled with ferris has bothered to write about salou, lthough they have for the rest of the costa dorada
I am "Ferrising" it to Spain in a couple of weeks, If anyone reading as already been on one this year, can you tell me if the coach still stops at Troyes service station for the night stop at 9.30 p.m.

It is a couple of years since I had a coach holiday and I am wondering if they have changed the stops.
I have travelled with ferris 8 times in the past and going for my 9th in August , and i am sure we stopped in Troyes last year , not sure of the time but i can remember the driver saying we will be stopping for supper at troyes and it was persistently raining . Funny how somethings stick in your mind
I went to Salou three years ago with ferris. They were a very good coach company and the apartments we had were brilliant. Biggest i have ever stayed in with a huge balcony. Pool was tiny though and there was no poolside bar. I think the reason you cannot find reviews is because the apartments dont have names.
Thanks milly, i have booked and will leave a report when i get back for fellow travellers
stayed in a place called azahar which was a very good apartment, but with a very small pool with no sun loungers or ANY amenities(no bar etc). right next to a hotel that blared music till all hours. towels/linen never changer so had to wash ourselves. on first arrival after the 30 hour coach journey had to wait from 11am till 5pm for the keys, not very good if you have 3 kids with you. havent complained as i feel you get what you pay for and all the downsides were mentioned in the brochure(may have to wait till 5pm for keys to apartments, take own towels etc). had a good holiday though apart from the first day and no sleep for 2 weeks and i got used to lying on the floor near the SMALL pool(that only had sun from 1pm till 4.45 pm due to hotel building shading the sun
stayed there twice now and gone with ferris both times and we got maid service twice a week,new linen new towels and bog roll. we did have to wait until 2pm for our keys but expected that,the pool we did not use as it was to small and always shaded ,but we were either on the world class beach or in portaventura ,the apartments were very spacious and had a modern fitted kitchen,fridge freezer etc etc and a jolly good time was had by all ,hope this is of use to you,..............if you do go check out the rovers return and tell lenny and marco i said hi
i traveled with ferris in 2005 to costa brava and we picked the hotel to stay in before booking. i know people who did the same for SALOU. i live just down the road from ferris main site,
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.