Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Egyptian Maritime Authority say that it sank 40 miles off Hurghada :cry:
That figures, Duba - Hurghada the Red Sea is about 100 miles wide, BBC say 62 miles from Duba. Safaga isn't very far south of Hurghada
Just got back to Nuweiba yesterday evening - my staff told me that there was a big sandstorm yesterday but when I arrived it was calm around the town area of Nuweiba though with a few drops of rain and yet just a few km south at my place the wind was very strong.

Late last night we had a series of lightening storms coming up from the south west and heading across the sea to Saudi Arabia - I have never seen such a spectacular lightening storm in my life !

Then in the early hours of the morning we had gale force winds the strength of which I have never before seen in Nuweiba. I only fear that those same storms had hit the ship earlier as it has been lost just over 200 km to the south.

This morning was warm, a bit windy but very hazy.... but right now it looks as if more storms are on the way with heavy, grey clouds coming up from the south west.
:(
This is terrible news. I am going to egypt in May, and everybody says how lovely these people are. i am really saddened by this news and my sympathys go to all in egypt.
I'm sure every one will have heard the news about the ferry in Egypt. As we all know shaarawim reads our posts on here. I am very saddened by this news and would like to send my sympathys to all the people in Egypt.
:(
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.