France and Channel Hopping Discussion

Discussions regarding holidays and channel hopping in France.
Ferry prices
6 Posts
I think Ferry prices have increased since last year. We paid £28 round trip with Norfolk Lines from Dunkerque a couple of times last year (though I think that was booking well ahead). We paid £65 with P & O for Dover-Calais last week. Eurotunnel are asking £84 round trip for short stays. We are doing the crossing again in two weeks time and I have been coming up with prices around £70, I haven't tried Sea France and I'm having trouble getting a price from Norfolk Lines (now DFDS).

Compared with last year the prices do seem high though I do remember when it used to cost over £200 for a return ticket. I guess we have got spoiled over the last few years.
Norfolk Lines are charging around £45 return for the two hour Dover to Dunkerque trip.
Doh.. Sorry it's Dover Calais...
Prices seem to be infinitely variable!!! It's probably cheapest to travel in the middle of the night or well before dawn.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.