Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
I think you might get a better idea if you look at sailing from Valencia, a friend of mine did it some time ago, although Valencia from Barcelona is about 3 hours by car.
I think a company called TRASMEDITERREA (sp) may do the Valencia/Palma run.
ive done the ferry from barcelona , the one i got left at 9 at night and took 6 hours cant remember exact price , but we were in a car also

http://www.directferries.co.uk/barcelona_palma_ferry.htm

this link might help
Thanks for the replies, just got to wait for the dates we require to be released now. Also have tried to work out how long it will take to drive from Calais to Barcelona but every route planner site is giving different times ranging from 10hrs to 18hrs! Has anyone done this and give me a true amount of time.

Thanks

Sally
Hi Sally

There are 2 ferry companies which operate the Barcelona to Palma route - Transmediteranea and Baleares (I'd need to check the spelling of both of these as I'm in UK at moment, and don't have access to my address book)

As far as I can remember, they both operate about the same - leave Barcelona about 11pm (got to have booked and be in line by 9pm) and return about 1pm - both quote about a 7 hour journey, and you'll find that they are similar in price, although I think Baleares are slightly cheaper.

I've travelled on both, but had a real incident once with an incredibly arrogant guy at the Transmed Desk, who had a huge chip on his shoulder, and although I've travelled with them since, I avoid them if possible. Having said that I suppose the Transmed Ships are a little more modern, you'd have to make your own choice.

If you need any more detailed info, please send me a PM after next Tuesday, and I'll try and help.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.