Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Lexie I've stayed in the Fiesta Sahara in February and there wasn't any teenagers there then. It's owned by Thomsons so will be all their clients.

It was clean and the rooms were spacious. Not sure about April but I wouldn't think that it would have lots of single groups there that early.
Just had a thought - if your sister wants to ensure that the teenage groups aren't there maybe they should ask their travel agent to request a change of accommodation and possibly resort just to be on the safe side?
Thanks Glynis but I really don't know what to do now.
My husband has told me not to say anything and they have paid the deposit. It was booked through Portland (part of Thomsons) and it's the first week of the Easter holidays (I think) so i'm hoping it will be ok.
I've looked online today and I couldn't find anything cheaper for them flying from Scotland.
Just checked and it's actually the second week of the Easter holidays in Scotland. They fly out on the 31st of March from Glasgow (fingers crossed everything will be ok).
I would imagine your sister will have heard of Magalluf so will more than likely know the resort she's booked. Hopefully all will be well that early in the year.
Hi Lexie, The easter holidays for schools don't start in England till Easter is over. They break up Friday the 4th of April for 2 weeks so there won't be many English kids in the apartments.
Lexie

The Sahara is just around the corner from my bar, and we get a lot of our customers from there (particular in November when most of the other Hotels in the resort are closed) and it is a different Hotel at different times of the year.

It closes around 6th / 7th December, and until then they are offering rooms at 5 pounds a night. It then re-opens either March or April, and again it will be quiet (ish) until about mid June when it becomes a "Freestyle" Hotel for the 18 -30 age group.

Of course it is possible in any hotel at any time to get Stag or Hen groups in rooms above or below, but generally I hear pretty positive things from our customers.

Hope this re-assures you a little.

Best wishes,

Adam
Adam,

Thank you very much for the reassurance I'll tell my family to come into your bar when they are there in April. Are there many places open at that time of year there or do they wait until May (like Menorca) to start the season again?

Any info you could give would be great.
Thanks

Lexie......
Lexie
I don`t think your family have anything to worry about, we stayed here Oct half term a few years ago and there were no problems with anyone making any noise. The apartments are very nice and close to everything. When we went it said in the brochure that it gets more young groups in July/Aug. We travelled on a family holiday with Portland.
We have also stayed in the Martinque apartments at easter, they were full of stag and hen parties. Again no problems the staff in both of these apartments don`t let anything get out of hand. We did hear a bit of late night noise in both places but I can`t say it was the stag and hen partys, it could have been anyone. Afterall everyones on holiday having a good time.
Lexie

All but a very few of the bigger bars /clubs will be open in April, although the resort will not be busy. We start our full entertainment programme in May, although depending upon how busy things are we still have Live Entertainment from March onwards - as do most other Entertainment Bars.

Christine

Completely agree - the Stag and Hen Parties don't set out to upset or offend people - we've not had a spot of trouble from them in 4 years, because we treat them with respect. The very little trouble we have had is from people who are old enough to know better!

However I would say that Martinique does seem to attract or maybe encourage very large Stag Parties, and they do seem to be the troublesome ones - as they think they above the law. There's been a handful of occasions when large Stag Parties (more than 50 lads) have caused trouble up the strip, and I think on every occasion they have been from the Martinique. I've also had the displeasure of having to walk past the Martinique on my way home and seen tables / Chairs even on one occasion a Fire Extinguisher lobbed from the balcony. I'd choose the Sahara over the Martinique anyday.

Cheers

Adam
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.