Spain - Balearics - Ibiza Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Ibiza.
FIGUERETAS
26 Posts
Hi,We've been to Figueritas so many times as its so nice,lovely Beaches and Restaurants. In the evenings stalls are selling their gear and maybe a concert is going off.Its got more going for it,than Santa E.We have stayed in Playa en Bossa and walked down to Figueritas every day as we liked it so much.Ibiza Town is a short distance away and a pleasant walk littered with shops and Boutiques.Its for all ages and you'd certainly enjoy it.We have booked again anyway....kats
Hi,Figueretas is not in my view a family resort,at least much of it isnt,especially at the Ibiza Town end.

It is a favourite with people wanting to be close to Ibiza Town and with clubbers who can get around the islands clubs easily from there.

It is also an area favoured by gay tourists and some children and adults may have a problem with their outgoing attitude especially on the beach.

John.
hi beachcomber bar we are going inbetween figurettas and playa den bossa next august i have kids aged 15,11,10.5 we have been to ibiza town several times and loved the flamboyant characters,but without being graffic can you describe behavior tht might cause offence?mo
Hi

I went years ago to Figueretas as a young teenager, it was great as its so close to Ibiza town, but I did rather get the impression the resort was for gays, after ending up unknowingly in a few gay bars.

We preferred to go to Playa den Bossa in the evenings and it is possible to walk and a bit better suited for families.

Katy
I lived in Ibiza for twenty years and it doesnt bother me but some children and adults find same sex couples kissing and kuddling or walking hand in hand in public a problem.
It sometimes goes further especially on the beach and I would describe what you might see as simulated sex.Then again Ive seen opposite sex couples doing the same and I dont think this is acceptable either,John.
P.S.The further you are towards PDB the less of a problem it should be..........
i've been to figueretas so many times,the latest time last week,i've not seen anything i wasn't ok with,sure enough there are gay people but they respect people in return,as for ibiza town,i enjoy watching all kinds of life and its amusing.my kids are 17 and 2 and thought it was ok for them,everyone has an opinion though....kats
The last time i was in Figueretas(many years ago) I thought it seemed a little bit seedy aand i recall there being a type of brothel on the front this may have gone now.
You can't compare it to Santa Eulalia they are 2 very different types of resort.I personally would go for a family holiday but would go if i wanted a base near to Ibiza Town
Hi, we went a couple of weeks ago, thought that Figueritas was ok, but not that much to do for teenagers - give a toddler a beach and they're happy...

We actually thought that PDB was a bit scary, up at the aquapark end especially where the local chavs race their cars around - we nearly saw a mother and baby in pram run over by a car that mounted the pavement when the lad driving it lost control whilst showing off...
:yikes its putting me off a bit,we usually go to es cana or santa eulalia,but i thought that we could have a change and i am regretting it a bit.although the appartments we have booked get good reviews which swung it for me,also they have airconditioning which is a must in august with kids(or so im led to believe).its nearly impossible to find appartments in es cana with airconditioning, i wonder why? mo
Hi

We've just come back from Figueretas (staying at the Sirenis Jabeque) and I'm astonished at a couple of the posts on here !

We spent 2 weeks there and went to the beach front most nights as there are a lot of restaurants there. We were with another couple (all in our forties) and we never saw any behaviour that could even remotely be classed as inappropriate or offensive.

I would say that it's a bit quiet for teenagers - but Ibiza town is 20 mins walk away.

I'll do a proper review of the resort & hotel when we've caught up a bit :)

LW
Hi,Dont be put off,its a beautiful resort with lovely beaches,shops,people,you'll have a lovely time and i'll be waiting for your report, back home, wishing i was there ,as i've got october to wait till we go back again...p.s,it must be nice as this will be the 3rd time this year we've been,kind regards,kats
hi thanks for the replys,we are going to the sirenis jabeque appartments also,it gets good reviews,im sure we will have a great time,we always do in ibiza,but es cana and santa eulalia feel like a second home so its new territory futher down the coast :) mo
Who did you book with ?
Hi,I've just been for a brochure to check out the sirenis jabeque aparthotel but its not down with any tour operaters.can anyone tell me how they booked and exactly where it is,what with all the great reviews,we want to go next year.Is it,where the car hire shop is,next door theres an old rundown empty cafe,carrying on past the mira mola apartments to the end of the street,then turn right up a narrow street,where theres a hotel in the corner,thats the only place i can think it can be......any help please.
Hiya Kats

It's in the Thomas Cook brochure (if you look in the apr-Oct 2006 2nd edition brochure it's on page 93 :D )

The Jabeque is on the same road as the rundown cafe (if you're talking about the one that faces out to sea) on the same side but walking away from Figueretas. It overlooks the sea.

Feel free to ask any questions (while it's still fresh in my mind :) )

Cheers
LW
Hi,Thanx alot,I'll go get one tomorrow.I know where it is now.Talking about the run down cafe,we went to enquire about buying it as we saw alot of tramps there,sleeping rough,it was funny cos they had tables with dead flowers on and they were pretending to serve people.Turns out,it is owned by one of the tramps who had it as a cafe ,which took quite alot of money but he drank the profits away,his brother came from Germany to try and sort him out,get him dry,but i'm not sure whats happened to him,as we enquired about the cafe a couple of weeks ago,cos it would be a little gold mine,
If anyone finds out something,will you let me know....thanx alot,kats
Cool ! Thanks for that info - we were wondering about the history of the cafe all holiday (it's all cleared & deserted). We all said it would be a great little business. We always ended up in the Osiris up the road a bit about 02:00 for a nightcap - became our local :)

In the Thomas Cook brochure, in the top picture, our appt is shown from outside (ground floor, corner, by the pool) Great position - great views.

Wish we hadn't bothered with the 2 bed appt though - last years brochures didn't say that the second bedroom was a single :( We had a midnight pick up and booked a room for the day for 30 Euros which was great - we had to move across the hall to a one bed appt and it was really nice. The 4 of us would have had loads of room anyway !
we booked with direct holidays,much cheaper than high street,mo :)
We booked the serenis jabeque apts with direct holidays,cheaper than what we were quoted by going places even with the pre booked seats.
Going 4th August next year the reviews look good and had it recommended by next door neighbours mother.
As for the antics of some of the locals I'm sure the sight of women lying on a beach topless will make my young sons jaws drop and my teenage daughter squirm a bit :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.