Spain - Balearics - Ibiza Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Ibiza.
nothing really has changed apart from new owners of hotels in that area gps.

plus moby dicks is up for sale...jimmy is going to run a small bar just up from moby.s down a ramp.
Thanks dj.
Nowts changed! I could feel straight at home then. Can't say I was ever in Moby Dick's, usually drank in the spanish places although I had my kids in tow more than 10 years ago, was always dragged to the Bull Bar.
now the bull bar is just a bar.no games area ect.new flats now.
Must just be like wor place, there's a bit of land, let's build some houses!!
yes thats right.from the jetty where you get the ferry boats.right up to the algarb hotel are new flats.plus across from the fag shop on main road are new shops and appts.es vive is the area you mean.

plus the new roads from airport.new layout ibiza to san an.
Yeh, that's right woody. I take it that the hotel Es Vive is still in existence?
hi if you no jimmy please say hi to him for me and good luck in his new job cant come over this year but a quick text would be nice thanks emma x
Hi Eddie,
Just like yourself it's been 10 years to the very day that I set foot on the sunny shores of Ibiza.
Then it was Me and the ex, the Brother and Sister in Law.
I've been getting quite nostalgic as I approach 50 and would love to go back.
We all stayed in the Lido Apartments and had a ball. Then it was a Fiesta run place and had loads of entertainment. Having read the reviews it appears it's now a dump and mostly sold off to private buyers.
We took the usual tours, the Hillybilly Hoedown, Hippy market, and the Island bus tour. We loved every minute of it.
I made a lot of Spanish as well as English friends (I'm Scottish) and wonder if any of them read this forum.
It was also a bonus that the World Cup was on.
Anyway can anyone tell me if it would be worth the return journey?
I've read that the hotel ben toni is my best bet?
Yours aye
Iain
you mean don toni club. the hotel is ok as well.yes its worth returning to ibiza.you will not know playa den bossa area.lots of new shops bars .and plenty of new flats going up.most of the places up that end are owned by gps group.
hotel club bahamas is ok as well.very nice.again took over by another group not fiesta anymore but still as good if not better.total rifitted front and next year rooms are going to be done up...depends how many there are of you and what age group...palm beach is a super family hols hotel fiesta run
Iain63, 10 years exactly since I was there as well. I remember I was huffed cos Glen Hoddle had left Paul Gasc out of his final party, how the mighty have fallen. Paul, that is, Hoddle was never mighty. I've read what dj has commented on and even if it was all doom and gloom, I'm still going back. I made a few Spanish and Scottish friends as well; I'm not Scottish, I'm a Geordie but I go to Ayr every year for the Scot Grand Nat, never failed yet to have a good time. :whoops :offtop
Eddie,
You never know the two of us might have been sitting in the bull bar together the night England were put out....My Brother in Law (RIP) was from Belfast and nearly got us a beating with his big mouth !! :rofl
There was a party from Sunderland staying in the Hotel with us but I know what you two think of each other.
Every morning I would nip to the American bar just outside the Lido on the promenade for my "Full English" ("6 bottles of Bud").
If I knew it was going to as much fun I would be off like a shot tommorrow.
Oh another question dj mentioned..I will be travelling on my own so I guess it will be more expensive and narrows my options a bit.

Yours aye

Iain
iain63

when you planning on going out to ibiza...i will have a look at prices for you.algarb is another hotel you could look at.thats where i stay..ok its gps but its getting there since i was there in may/june this year.

you may be better going d i y like i do.go when you fancy for as long as you wish..just need dates and airport
Dj,
Like Eddie I'm thinking around September to coincide with my birthday (27th).
I would be flying from Gatwick...possibly 7-10 days
ok sort out your flights ok.from the 27th sept 7 days i can get you h/b in all places
tivoli-which you eat in the algarb=184.07
mare nostrum-179,51
algarb-227,23 single room.

your flights should be cheap from gatwick anyway,not like us in east mids.

pm me now for more details to leave this forum open to others
Iain

you're probably right, I got dragged to the Bull Bar all of the time!

Ian
Well, I've been and I'm back and I'd like to report that the wife and I had a great time. Only sad part was being informed that a couple we used to know (ran Bar Restaurante 34) Maria and Joaquin had passed away.
Confirmation that there's lots of new apartment blocks/office accomadation but that didn't affect me at all. Other than the new builds, after ten years Figueretas has not changed at all. There's a lack of Brits (doesn't bother me) and lots of Italians and Spanish too; that doesn't bother me either, I'm becomming multi lingual. If anyone is thinking of going to Figueretas but isn't too sure, give it a go. If you don't like it it's only a short walk to Playa D'en Bosa and Ibiza Town. I'm pretty positive that we will be returning, time permitting. I've commented on bars etc elsewhere.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.