Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Re: Fine Dining
53 Posts
its on the Baga road ... and lovely ... esp ecially if the owner plays/sings for you... a great musician and artist
chilly
Will definitely give it a go :)
Roxey the one behind The Highland Beach is Casa Monalita :)
annx
On the other side of that coin, we've been there on the off chance and not been able to eat there, because they were full and had people waiting for tables. also told it was unlikely that there would be a table free that night. maybe it was unusual, but it happened. like i say, its probably better to book.
BOB.
Sorry 4 other posts were posted while i was writing that. that was for fiesta.
BOB.
Would people beable to put the phone Number on here so we could book a table if wanted?
Gemmas post has a link to their web site, here it is again http://www.fiestagoa.com/contact.htm#end
Fiesta looks stunning.

Papa
It is!!! you will love it!!!!!
BOB.
Went by East meets West last night and they where open and trading on the old site.

It was midnight so did not go in but I assume Vish is running it with his new Swedish wife.

East meets West was one of our favourite restaurants for a nice setting and good food at reasonable prices Will post again after we have eaten there
It's good to know Casa Portuguesa is still there - had some super meals there in the 90s. Will certainly be one place I will revisit.

Couldn't always see what we were eating but it always tasted superb :rofl
Think I will stick to the steak and paella, although I have had the suckling pig in the past and the fish is usually good too. Nice to look at this website though as that is where I will be four weeks from today, can't wait.
I like the sound of this restaurant (not the food on the website as it is at the moment :yikes )

I'm not a picky eater but I don't eat seafood. Can anyone give me an idea of what is on the menu please.
Dave's Wife, the steak is very good and there is usually quite a variety of fish and pork dishes. The menu is very Portugese in the main They are very good at putting something together for you if there is nothing there you like the look of. They went to great lengths to cook a meal for a friend of ours who had to have a special diet for a few days while in Goa due to picking up some strange stomach bug.
Brenliz

Thanks for that - Will definitely try - I can eat steak anytime
to help keep this ontopic the discussion re the spoof website has been moved to the goa gossip thread.
a reverie was my favourite fine dining restaurant in calangute... hope its still there when we go in january!
Au Reverie was good when it first opened and used to be very popular.

I think we may go back and try this one again. :think
we stayed just across from it and thought we would give it a try but I was absolutely horrified at the price list so we gave it a miss. Perhaps the prices are more realistic now?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.