Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
I booked my holiday yesterday and have got the following flight number, FCA086, flying from East Midlands to Sanford on 25th May 2008. Any way of knowing what this plane is?

I have chosen the upgraded Star Class, hopefully expecting there to be fewer children around (strange on a holiday to Disney)

My hubby is a little bit rotund and I was hoping the seats might be a bit wider too, is this likely?
lininjim,

FCA use Boeing 767-300/ER's on there long haul flights. Seats aren't any wider I'm afraid, they just have a greater seat pitch (36" compared to 33") and have air filled pockets to arguably provide extra comfort and adjustment. For more information about the aircraft, refer to my flight reviews on page 47 of this thread.

Darren
Lininjim - I'm about half way through a trip report on the above flight and return that I took in August, I hope you will find it useful. When I've finished it I'll post the link here.

For what it's worth now, it was a great journey, out and back. EMA is a really convenient airport now. Sanford was a synch, however I think the flight day isn't a Wednesday next year - shame because when we arrived, there wasn't a single other aircraft in the terminal - so we had it to ourselves, no queues at car rental, etc. Whereas on a Friday, Sat and Sun at Sanford there can be 5, 6 or more aircraft, all from the UK there at once. Would be a lot more crowded than we experienced.
When I've finished it I'll post the link here

cozzy .. please feel free to post the report here.

David :wave
I think First choice's Sanford flights are good the fact that they have different dep airports, but they are pulling their BRS-SFB for Winter 08-Summer 09 and their Man- Barbados operation is also being pulled for the Summer 08 season
are they replacing manchester to barbados with another departure airport?
I dont think so now i reckon they will use Thomsfly's flights
Do First Choice use T1 or T2 at Gatwick for their Sharm flights?
Jay Trip,

FCA use the North Terminal at LGW.

Darren
I remember going with them to Mexico from the north terminal but I was convinced it was the south terminal when we went to Sharm with them 2 years ago.
I usually go onto the Gatwick website to check where my flight goes from.

I have to do this to make sure that I book the correct car park and lounge.
When we went to Sharm with First Choice we were allocated the front seats E&F and I had to move to another seat because there was a slope between the bulk head and the floor.I am tall and my knees were round my neck!Do FC still operate these planes?What is the configuration of planes on this route?.Gatwick -Sharm FCA 592+593.
noticed Barbados is now available from Gatwick for winter 08!!
We are travelling to Sharm el Sheikh from Manchester on 26th November - flight no is FCA678. Does anyone know what type of plane this is - my hubby is asking this question, not me!!!!!

Thanks

Nickie
stix,

FCA678/9 is a Boeing 757-200. These aircraft have 233 leather faced seats configured 3-3 with 28" seat pitch and ceiling mounted IFE. They are powered by two Rolls-Royce RB211-535E4 high bypass turbofans each producing 41,500 lb of thrust, proper rocket ships :)
Have a great time,

Darren
Thanks Dazbo - quick reply as ever....

Nickie
Can you give any info on the above flight?
HelenV,

What info would you like? The flight is operated by a Boeing 767-300/ER. There's loads of info over the previous pages of this thread.

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.