Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Thats one customer they lost then if they are becoming thomsons, I have used FC (Eclipse) x2 per year since 2000 when we got married with them we have done 2 long haul holidays a year since and are going in 6 weeks but we ont be going with them next year at all now I have found that out guess i may try another operator or even diy it on the net!!!
Can i just ask why you feel like that?

The company is still First Choice, just the managing directors have changed around, other than that customers wont see any other differences, including the both the Eclipse and First Choice brands which will remain.
All seats are allocated by pre-departures then sent to the handling agents at the airport (usually 4 days before departure)

Once the handlers receive them they are loaded onto the check in system.

No seats numbers are issued to passengers prior to check in, and no requests for seat numbers can be made. If you try to call FCA to ask for seat numbers then you will be told that it is not possible.

You can pre-book seating together, but if you are travelling in a family of four it is possible you could have two in row 10 and two in row 11, or split accross the aisle.

The same applies to Premium and Extra Leg Room passengers.
Forgot to add, the reason why check in staff (handing agents) sometimes let you choose your seat is because they manually change the seating arrangements themselves which is out of the control of the airline.

A final Passenger list goes to Crew and captain with seat numbers and no shows before the passengers being to board.

In theory they shouldn't do it but happens all the time.
Can someone remind me what we need to buy to listen to the music/films? I have earphones but do I need to get adapters? if so can anyone remeber how much they cost or if we can get them from say Maplins before we fly? We are a large family and want to minimise the cost so we can spend more at our destination.

There used to be a link in this thread that detailed the current months films on FCA flights, I can't find it. Does anyone know what ,movie we might be subjected to 1st week of October?

Thanks in advance
hey

my brother was on holiday with fca in corfu but fell very ill and ended up in hospital ver there an missed his return flight

Will fca refund the payment of the return flight even though he got a british airways flight back to glasgow?

anyone who can help please do

many thanks
luke
Hi Luke ... FCA will not refund the return flight if your brother was a 'no-show', but he should be able to make a claim on his travel insurance for the cost of the BA flight along with his medical expenses.

David :wave
hi to all, just returned there and back to rhodes with FCA. yet again no problems at all, fast ''any desk for any flight'' type check in at MAN, on time boarding, got extra legroom as requested (but we did pay for it so no surprise there) good weather on both flights although nothing to do with the airline i suppose, very jolly captain who was very keen on the PA with his land marks and route info (other half thought he had been on the whisky pre dpearture he was that keen to get his voice over the mic!) cabin crew quite happy actually for once, think it makes a difference being a day flight, though. film was oceans 13 on way out and fantastic 4 on way home, no IFE breakdowns, no unruly seat kickers/ recliners, quite enjoyable actually, i will continue to use them anyway
Thanks Alot!!!
Great help
Anyone flown out longhaul recently, what movies did they have on?
As im flying out on sunday to the Dom Rep.
Hiya, 2nd time posting, been watching, and avidly reading this site for months :P

We're flying from Manchester to Goa on 17th December, Star Clas Premier :D , around 10 am, as a couple - never flown long haul before and am sooooo excited.

Could anyone please tell me what plane we'll be flying on, what movies, etc, to expect, the route we'll be taking, what food to expect.......anything would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks
Dreamchaser,

Aircraft will be a Boeing 767-300/ER. The routing is as follows:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Dazbo5/MAN-GOI.gif
The trip distance is 4803 nautical miles.

For furter info, refer to my flight reviews (links are on page 47).

Darren
Just to let everyone know that it is planned for all First Choice flights to remain as First Choice flights until 2009.
Thanks for the route, and the review links.....how did I know you'd reply so fast..... :D :D

How long is the actual flight? Will we have to stop off for refueling do you think?
Dreamchaser,

The flight is approx. 10 hours and is direct as far as I know.

Darren
Fantastic.

Thank you for your quick reply!
hi all

anyone know what flilms first choice are showing and the flight path to Dom Rep

regards

Andy
andym123,

It depends on the routing (NATS / jet streams) on the day. Most commonly, it'll be a northern track
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Dazbo5/man-pop-north.gif
Distance: 4245 nautical miles. It's not exactly as shown, but you'll cross the Atlantic towards Newfoundland then follow the eastern seaboard of America before overflying the Bahamas in to the Dom Rep.

Although sometimes its on the southern track:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Dazbo5/man-pop-south.gif
Distance: 4552 nautical Miles. This heads directly across the Atlantic via the Azones.

With any luck, the skymap will be working on the aircraft they assign so you'll be able to follow your progress.

Darren
Please can anyone tell me whether FCA are keeping their A321s next year as all flights that Ive tried to find that were operated by this plane are showing TOM flight codes.......
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.