Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
I'm off to Dominican Republic with the parents in a few weeks, flying SCP. Initially it was my mum and I going but within 5 minutes of booking my dad decided he wanted to go as well so I booked him separately as a single traveller. I emailed First Choice and they said they had put a note on our booking to say that we were travelling together. Do you think that between the note, the fact that we booked just 5 mins apart and the identical surnames that we will get seated together?

Flew SCP before and loved every second, just don't want to leave to chance anything that may spoil it. :think
  • Edited by debster 2008-01-16 23:27:00
We have booked a FCA flight from Birmingham to Paphos for July 08, but we booked on the Thomsonfly site as this was the only way to get the holiday duration we wanted. Having completed the booking we were not given any option on baggage and the confirmation stated
Check-in luggage included in fare
although no weight details were quoted.
(The same outgoing flight on the First Choice site shows
20kg Baggage Allowance
included in the price.)

The email confirmation also states
* If you have purchased check-in bags the total of your hand luggage and
check-in luggage may not exceed the maximum weight shown on your confirmation.

The following day we received an email from Thomsonfly with the following :
Check In Luggage: None
Excess Luggage: 0 kg
Total Weight: 10 kg

and
You have not booked any baggage for this flight. If you intend to check-in luggage, save 50% on airport prices by pre-booking

Do we have the FCA allowance or not ??

:que

Don&Pam
DonandPam,

I would give them a call to double check. TOM / FCA are part of the same group now. The above details only apply to flight only. If you have booked a First Choice package holiday, then you should have 20kg (+5kg hand luggage) allowance included. Phone them to double check.

Darren
Hi

Daz, you posted earlier on in the thread...only a couple of pages back that there is not a premium seating on short haul flights.

I know im not going till june so an awful lot can change...im flying gatwick to lanzarote and have paid for a premium seat...well 9 of us have on the same flight...are there no premium seats then....hopefully first choice havent taken our money for it and offer nothing!

thanks
prendy,

Whether there are premium seats on FCA short haul flights depends on which airport / flight you are on. I think that post was for flights to Paphos from Manchester wasn't it? Only the Airbus A321-200's used on short haul flight have premium seating. There are selected bases where these aircraft operate from, Gatwick is one such base so you'll have premium seating (more extra legroom than premium on short hauls). You may be lucky and get a 767, but that's not the norm. Remind me after May and I'll confirm your flight details.

Darren
Hello

I was wondering if anyone knew where I could find what moives will be playing on the first choice flights to and from Goa. I go to the cinema every week and thought maybe I should give it a miss for a while otherwise there will be nothing to watch on the flight :(

Off in 5 weeks time :sun2

thanks.
thanks for the reply.....now to set that reminder!
hi, im hoping someone can help (lol), we have just booked hols for september to turkey, the only seats left were in the premium service can anyone pls tell me what the seats are like as im a little worried if these are seats next to an emergency exit, as i have a baby and know you cant sit in these seats with anyone under 14, any info would be most grateful :)
gould,

I presume you are flying from Gatwick, Stansted or Nottingham? If so it'll be an Airbus A321-200. The premium seats (which are different to extra legroom seating) aren't on exit rows so you'll be fine.

Darren
Hi Darren - do you know the aircraft/seat configuration for FCA Manchester to Cuba - not going until April 2009, sad I know :( Their current Tropical brochure says they will be launching the Boeing 787 Dreamliner for summer 2009. Will we be lucky do you think? Cheers.
saintscully,

It'll be a Boeing 767-300/ER. There's loads of info on this thread about them including my flight reviews. They are configured 2-3-2 with 33" seat pitch. The 787 hasn't flown as yet and delays have been annouced. FCA are the european launch customer and I beleive they are due to receive their first one in May 2009, but it depends on the extent of the delays whether they do or not.

Darren
The 787 when it commences service, is due to do Orlando and Palma routes to begin with. This is for operational/training reasons I shall not bore you with.

Edited to correct destinations.
:cheers thanks darren, thats one thing i can rest about now need to keep my 2 yr old entertained for the flight lol
It'll be a Boeing 767-300/ER. There's loads of info on this thread about them including my flight reviews.

Cheers Darren :cheers
Off to Goa 04.12.08 from Manchester. Booked with Thomsons but flying with First Choice. Can someone tell me what the plane will be like and whether they have a website to show the entertainment etc.
Lots of info on the First choice website and this forum, they are nice planes inside

seating configuration of 2 - 3 - 2 rather than the traditional 2 - 4 - 2 employed by other 767-300 charter operators.

calming green leather seats, little pockets to keep your bits and bobs in, not just magazines in. Mood lighting in premium Choice of meal- something most charters do not offer on package holiday flights.

hope you enjoy the flight.
MCB,

For further details of the aircraft, have a look at my flight reviews. Links are half way down page 47 of this thead. FCA don't publish an entertainment guide any more.

Darreb
Please can someone tell me what is operating the FCA2371 on 9th April from Paphos to manchester?
Hi,

I am flying LGW to HRG on the 25th of April 2008 (FCA648). I booked through Thomsonfly but the flight is operated by FCA. Thomsonfly have give me a departure time of 13.10pm on the 25th but FCA website states 11.00am. Can anyone tell me what time the flight is actually at? I have called both Thomsonfly and FCA but didn't get anywhere with either of them. I know this date is sort of in the cross over between winter and summer seasons and the week before departure time is 11.00am and week after 13.55pm. I would really like to know the time bec i have to fly from scotland first and i can fly in the morning if its the later time.

Thanks,

Carol
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.