Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
I know this may seem a bit of an anoraks question but we are flying on FCA174 from MAN to GOA on03/03/2008 and I usually like to know if my flight will be on time or not.If I am flying Emirates this is easy I just look at arrivals and work out what time I need to be at the airport for.

However in order to know that for this flight I need to know where this aircraft will be arriving from.

I think one for you Dazbo.......
The aircraft ferries(flys empty) from Gatwick following its own Goa (FCA044)

Please use http://www.gatwickairport.com
flight information
flight departures/arrivals

or
http://goanairport.com/php/showFlightStatus.php?linkid=865

You can track its arrival into the madness that is Goa airport from Gatwick.
We're travelling from East Midlands to Goa next month on Star Class Premier, does anyone know what movies they are showing at the moment?

Many thanks

HD
Hi

I have just been emailed the inflight entertainment list for March 08 longhaul for 1st choice:

TV

Hop (2-4yrs) pingu show/fireman sam/angelina ballerina/thomas &
friends/kipper

Skip (5-11 yrs) Dinosapien/fosters home for imaginary friends/the
story of tracy beaker

Jump (12+) my sweet sixteen/planet rock profiles:Kaiser chiefs/
the simpsons

lifestyle saturday kitchen/how to look good naked

laughter gavin & stacey/only fools & horses/ugly betty

variety top gear/behinf the scenes special:oceans 13/
megastructures:dubai palm island

drama without a trace/robin hood

music

hitlist classical kids choice
livewire jazz & blues dedicated duran duran
dance galaxy RnB classic rock
soul movie soundtracks best of

Games

zoma (sc premier)
ultraball (sc premier)
who wants to be a millionaire (sc premier)
bwjeweled deluxe (sc premier)
solitaire
hangman
disney classic game
battleship multi player
insaniquarium deluxe
scrambledash

movies outbound

beowulf 12a (sc premier)
st.trinians 12a (sc premier)
things we lost in the fire 15 (sc premier)
evening 12a
enchanted pg
bee movie u
michael clayton 15
mar

movies inbound

assassination of jesse james 15 (sc premeir)
juno 12a (sc premier)
sleuth 15 (sc premier)
elizabeth:the golden age 12a
augush rush pg
alvin & chipmucks u
mr magoriums wonder emporium u
king of california pg

If travelling in star class to gain access to extra blockbuster movies, 4 games and a fully interactive system allolwing you to stop, pause, fast forward or rewind it costs £5 pp.

Hopes this helps

Forgot to add martian child pg is also on the outbound flight :D
Oh dear,

Looks like FCA044 took off nearly 7 hours late for Goa from Gatwick.Trying to workout in my head if this will make our monday flight to goa from Manchester late.In my estimation that would put it into Gatwick at 11.00pm ish Sunday.

Now providing it has no other destination and flys up empty Monday then no problem.

Will keep an eye on the links.

Any further info from TOM-AMM-FCA appreciated
Papa,

What's your flight number, FCA174/5? From what I can see, FCA044/5 to/from Goa then goes on to operate FCA040/1 to/from Maldives from LGW. G-PJLO operated FCA044/5 on 1st Match and was logged overflying Antwerp (Belguim) at 2223 GMT, so a departure of approx. 2130 GMT, about 5 hours late. It's expected back at LGW about 7 hours late but I suspect the strong winds at the moment will be an influence in that.

FCA174/5 on 25th Feb was operated by G-OOBK. It operated FCA176/7 previously, (MAN-CUN-MAN). The week before, 18th Feb FCA174/5 was operated by G-DBLA, and previously FCA614/5 (MAN-SSH-MAN). 11th Feb was operated by G-OOBM and the flight previous was FCA176/7.

Your flight should be ok and not effected by the LGW delay. The aircraft operating todays FCA614/5 should be operating your flight tomorrow and is running approx. 50 minutes behind schedule. It doesn't operate any flight in between so you should be ok for an on-time depatrure.

Darren
yet again dazbo you come up with the goods.Thank you.

Papa
Papa,

No probs. I didn't post last time since BY-TOM-AMM-FCA had posted. Your flight should be operated by G-DBLA.

Have a great time :cheers :sun2

Darren
Just a little update, Aldo Zilli meals and catering will start to be used on FCA flights from May 1st...

sorry to be the bearer of bad news Dazbo...
Oh goodness and that's supposed to be an improvement is it. :rofl
Thanks for the update BY-TOM-AMM-FCA. I guess that was inevitable after the merger. Good job I'm flying to Antigua with Bmi in that case (although before their introduction).

Darren
That is bad news re the Zilli meals, I thought they were awful on our last flight with Thomson. We fly out on April 29th with FC, so looks like a better meal on way out than on the way back on May 12th. Denny
Zilli meals are the worst I have tasted on a airline, why can airlines just serve fresh sandwiches I am sure it would save them time and money. I will now take my own.
doz123,

I would agree on short flights but on long flights (FCA offer up to 14 hours on the PVR flights, I've been on it!), it's nice to have something hot and more than just a sandwich.

Darren
What do these new meals mean for SCP meals? Is the service still gonig to be the same i.e. "Bistro" style? Flown SCP twice in the past two years and due to fly to Aruba in June in SCP, I hope the service (and food!) is the same as before!! What would the main differences be?
mrdisco,

refer to the Thomsonfly thread where meals have been discussed in the passed.

Darren
Just out of interest we fly FCA 030 on the 3rd Apr from LGW to Sanford. Is there any way of finding out where our plane has flown in from on it's previous run??
rachie-m,

I beleive the flight before FCA030/1 is FCA082/3: LGW - Punta Cana (Dom Rep) - LGW

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.