Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Yes we are, thanks. It doesn't say anywhere in the brochures or website about refuelling-grrrr! But never mind not to worry!

Do the setback tv's work while its refuelling?

Thanks for getting back to me!
gemmybear83,

The aircraft is shut-down when on the ground so no IFE. It's only 45 mins so not too long.

Darren
Better make sure I bring a book to read! Just one more question....!

Does first choice release what films are going to be shown on the flight-other airlines do and its handy to know so you don't watch them before you go?
gemmybear83,

They don't publish them on their website.

Darren
Hi i am flying to Punta cana on flight number FCA070

does anynone know if the plabe is 2-4-2 or 3-4-3 i have booked seats together but just worred i wont be sitting with my partner can anyone help
It will be 2-3-2
As a general rule
if your flight has a FCA prefix then it will be 2-3-2 and TOM 2-4-2 (long haul) for the time being anyway.
Thank you!

do you know where i can get inflight entertainment information
and what is the best way to ensure we will e sitting together and not have the aisle inbetween
also do you know where i can get a seating plan???

thanks!
If you haven't pre booked your seats then your best bet would be to check in as early as you can. There is normally a large group of us and being one of the first to check in normally guarantees us seats together.
i have booked seats together do youthink if i call first choice they will be able to tell me if i have a window seat?? its just that i hate flying have a real fear and it makes me feel better if i can look out the window!!
tinkerbell123,

FCA don't publish their IFE listing anymore. They used to on their website but it was always out of date so I guess that's why they stopped publishing it. FCA don't have a seating plan for ther Boeing 767-300/ER's and I can't post one for copyright reasons. Here's a cabin photo (forward economy section). Hawiian Airlines have a similar configuration on their 767-300/ER's. The main difference is the premium cabin on FCA takes up all of the front cabin area (9 rows), whereas it's split business / economy with Hawiian. If you are travelling as a couple, there's a good chance they'll assign you the outboard seats (A/B or F/G). As sambache3592 says, if you check-in at least 2 hours prior to your departure time, and ask, there's a good chance you'll get the seats you want. Pre-booking only guarantees seats together, they could be seperated by an isle.

Darren
Hi Do first choice print your seat numbers on your tickets when they send them out as i hear your seat is allocated before you arrive at the airport,

Thanks
Seat number not on tickets you only find out your seats numbers at check in
suntanman2,

Seats are allocated on a first come, first served basis at checkin.

Darren
Thanks
so getting there early will give us more chance of a window seat then,

Asked a while ago but you had pc problems do you know the flight info, where it comes in from, and seat config for 16th may fca068

Thanks very much
Your aircraft operates LGW-AZS-LGW (Samana in the Domincan Republic)

I must stress this is what is planned to happen, there is also a 767 landing from Sanford, Florida they may change them round depending on various factors(technical reasons, crewing/staff issues etc..)

However as it stands the aircraft operates FCA061 prior to your flight.

Seat config- see above

If it is a flight with a "FCA" prefix (i.e. FCA1234) then it will be a First Choice aircraft which has 2-3-2 throughout the aircraft-Premium and standard. Should you have a TOM prefix then it will be 2-3-2 in premium and 2-4-2 in economy.
anyone travelled with First Choice recently who can advise on food? We have flights booked to Cyprus in a couple of weeks and dont have meals included - is this a good idea? what's the food available to buy on the plane? with it being 4 1/2 hour flight we dont want to be starving, but we are reluctant to pay £7.50 each, each way for a meal. thanks Claire
claire55,

You'll only be able to purchase snacks on the aircraft, eg pringles, chocolate. It might be worth stocking up at the airport! Personally, I think FCA offer some of the best charter airline meals, I've never had a bad one with them. However, I beleive they are swapping to TOM's Aldo Zilli meals from May which you either love or hate.

Darren
Hello,

We are flying to Cancun with First Choice next March.

I have been quoted £1400 to upgrade to the star class premier (2 ads & 2 chd) ..... can someone be really honest and tell me is it worth it ????

Thanx
I have used both seat types and to be perfectly honest I prefer the normal seats.

Star class premier you get 3 inches more leg room, but the seats recline further so if the person in front of you reclines their seat you struggle to get our of your seat because the trays are located in the arm rests therefore you can't lift the arms up to get in and out.

You get to board the aircraft 1st and a couple of complimentary drinks. Seat back TV is slightly larger and you get an upgraded tv package, but you can upgrade to this package in the normal seats for £5

The only other difference is that you get an extra 3 kg luggage allowance and your meal is served on china plates instead on the tinfoil trays.

I personally wouldn't waste my money the normal seats are very comfortable with plenty room.

I travel to USA a lot and find FC much more comfortable than Virgin.

Hope this helps
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.