Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
The configuartion is 2 - 3 - 2, there really arent any differences in seats, maybe you would like the front for the fact that no-one reclines into you.
As promised here it is
Outbound
7th august 2006 manchester- dominican republic.

Priority check in wonderful straight past a big queue bags gone allocated seats in first row and 2nd 2 lots of 2 so kids happy as no row over window seats.

Flight was called seated in row order so first on.
Seated and given a bowl with strawberries and grapes and a glass of fizz whilst other passengers boarded.

Entertainment loads to choose from see the first choice home page for latest info regarding what is being shown. As we were star class premier we had pause rewind and fast forward facility. the seats were very spacious and also had foot rests which tilt.

Amenity bag- tootbrush, toothpaste, face spritzer ,moisturiser, lip balm,tissues.

Service- quick excellent and very efficient.

Food-childrens box- roast chicken dinner,mini kit kat,organic yoghurt, grapes plus cheese n biscuits and a carton of robinsons juice.

Adult selection

-rd or white wine
selection of melon
salad with balsamic vinegar (seperate so you can sort how much you want yourself)
chicken with asparagus sauce meditteranaen veg and potatoes.
Beef with vegetables and a savoury scone

Dessert- chocolate orange bombe

cheese n biscuits
chocolates

Additional- newspaper and ok magazine given out.
drinks twice round plus on request.

Later in flight - a box was handed out with sandwiches and a strawberry cream scone alongside tea or coffee.

OVERALL RATING

FOOD-10/1O
SERVICE-10/10
COMFORT 10/10

Have rebooked for next year.
Will add return flight later.
Hello all,

Im sure one of you can help me. Im going to Cuba (Holguin airport) on 11/01/07-25/01/07 departing from gatwick approx 9.15am. this is supposed to be a first choice flight, now I have checked Gatwick and first choice websites and cannot find the flights. Im looking to find out what terminal I will be going from, but cant find reference to these flights anywhere. Am i lookng to far ahead, or just in the wrong place?????

Em. x
8)
Well its deffinatly there

FCA54 - Gatwick North - Holgiun - 09:15
Thank you, Im a bit embarassed :oops: , Im normally quite good with websites, but I still cant find it!! doesnt matter I have the info I need now!!!

Em. x
can any one tell me which plane i will be going to fuerteventura on i fly manchester with first choice at 15.40 we depart?
beck27,

can any one tell me which plane i will be going to fuerteventura on i fly manchester with first choice at 15.40 we depart

Your flight numbers are FCA2662/3 and it'll be a Boeing 757-200.

Have a great time,

Darren
:D due to go to the coral sea resort in october with 3 kids...one a toddler and partner. last time i flew with first choice it was to the canaries and i was 4 months pregnant. it was one of the worst travelling experience that i have had, in terms of feeling really squashed! and i am slim (honest) :D the thought of having a toddler in a cramped space on me feels me with dread. can anyone tell me about their upgraded seats and are they worth the money. thanks
Just a though, but if you upgrade your seats to the larger seat pitch, if you wish to sit together you will need to upgrade all of them and it will be quite expensive.

It might be more cost effective and comfortable just to buy an extra normal seat on the plane for your toddler (asssuming he or she is under 2 and on your lap). You then also get an extra set of baggage allowance as well.

I had a colleague who did this for a baby who was about 22 months old, don't know if it was with FC but it might be worth checking with them. :D
thanks doepsmc :D will look into that..she will be 18months and is very mobile and active, will check out costs
I agree! Had 22 month old on my lap last year - luckily she fell asleep - could only eat lunch one person and a time - so squashed - even worse with tray down!!! :yikes

Mind you, there was an advert on tv for first choice saying they had the most leg room of any other tour operator. Unless they've modified their planes from last year, i'd hate to travel with anybody else if that statement were true!

Can anybody clarify that I heard right?
hippyjak

there was an advert on tv for first choice saying they had the most leg room of any other tour operator. Unless they've modified their planes from last year, i'd hate to travel with anybody else if that statement were true!

They have, but only on their long haul aircraft (Boeing 767-300ER's) which have a 33" standard seat pitch. Their short haul aircraft (Airbus A320/1-200 and Boeing 757-200) have a standard 28" seat pitch.

Darren
We're on short haul - Birmingham - Palma!

All I can say is thankfully i'm only 5ft 4in! Hubby's only 6ft! and the little one is about two feet tall!

Thanks for the swift reply!
The adverts says

"So on our LONG HAUL holidays we give you more legroom than any other major airline"

and because by 2009 First Choice will only be long haul there is no point doing anything to the short haul fleet.
so, are their premiun seats worth splashing out on...would it make a great difference :)? I too am tall 5'10..survived ryanair this summer to Italy (3hrs) because baby fell asleep, i just would rather pay and be comfortable!
jdt1971,

so, are their premiun seats worth splashing out on...

Premium seating is always a personal decision. On their short haul flights where they are using their premium equiped A321's, I'd say no because there is little benefit. On their 767-300ER's, I'd still say no because their standard product is so good. But thats just my personal opinion. I'd rather save the £200 and put that towards a higher class hotel and get the benefit of that for 2 weeks, rather than just 9 or 10 hours on each of the flights. FCA have set the standard when it comes to affordable long haul travel.

Darren
Does anybody know if its true that your seats on the long haul flights are allocated when you book the holiday - i am sure i have read this somewhere?
i not sure but in my book it states seats are given at checking in.
They're allocated when you check-in as far as I know on a first come, first served basis. The only exception is if you pre-book where a group of seat will be allocated before the flight, not sure when but its certainly not when you book the holiday.

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.