Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
AdamTD,

You might want to have a look at the 'is it easy to go abroad with a baby?' thread over on the General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips forum.

Darren
We took our daughter to Tenerife when she was 11 months old. To keep her cool we bought a small paddling pool which we filled with a little water from the pool and pulled a shade over this kept her happy and cool. Just make sure you take a sun parasol for your buggy !!! She did not wear much during the day just her nappy and loads of sun block. hope this helps a little ! (Sorry forgot to say it was October we went and it was Costa Adeje we stayed in).
We took John July 2007 he was around 15 months(stayed Costa Adeje Gran) we wheeled his playpen from the room up to the terrace pool placed under a parasol with his toys to play with he was kept cool whilst we swam and sun-bathed. Also I now travel everywhere with a portable dvd player it really does mean you can enjoy a meal whilst your little one watches the tubbies nightgarden etc. You get baby milk,food and nappies over there just shop around as prices vary.I took an old buggy as they do get damaged during travel so I wasn't fussed about any damage to it parasol essential!! Hope this helps:)
IN short its not difficult. We've taken a 6 month old with us. And as you are in Playa Paraiso you are pretty close to the El Trebol Hypermarket (one of the last buildings before you turn off the TF1 to Playa Paraiso). They have loads of stuff for babies in there including nappies, milk, baby food etc etc. The only thing we ever took was our own sterilising kits (the ones that come with tablets and bags), bottles/dishes and a travel kettle.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.