Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Oh dear! Who are you flying with and when, name and shame.
(Hope I'm not affected)
There are quite a few flights from Cardiff cancelled but alternative flights or free cancelations are offered.

There are also flights from I think every airport cancelled but not just for Turkey but lots of destinations.

How can you name and shame if the flight only has a small amount of bookings then it wont take off.

At least people are being told now before the season starts so they can re book if they want

John
I take your point John but there is nothing worse than making all your arrangements and having to either cancel or rearrange. Example you arrange time off work and then have your holidays changed by tour company. I am lucky in that my employer is flexible and I can make changes otheres may not be so lucky.

I mean tour companies charge small fortunes if you cancel your holiday, you can lose all of your money depending on when you cancel your holiday. Yet when tour companies change or cancel your holiday you get no recompense. I appreeciate that this is not a unique situation for holidays to Turkey, it happens with holidays to Spain, Greece etc

Hopefully this season will be busy and flights will not be cancelled

Stewart
Turkey is a lot busier this year but ok lets look at it this way.

Excel pulled out of Scotland last year and they also (I think) pulled out of Exeter/Bristol.

There are at least 4 cities that have no flights to Turkey with that company so the ones that are now cancelling certain flights at certain times of year could have done the same and just not bothered with certain airports at all but at least they tried for of course their profit but also to provide a service.

It is not all the flights from the airports that are being taken off but just the ones that they can forsee will not get enough seats filled to make it worth while.

Maybe people are still hanging back waiting for cheap last minute flights and they are killing these flights so what if the airlines say thats it no more cheaper flights and to get the best deals you book early and maybe that will fill flights

John
but this doesnt help when the accomodation you booked is now unavailable a day later due to new arrivals and half your party are put on a different flight when you have transfers arranged luckily i have managed to sort things out but i now have to take an extra days holiday from work and ist caused a lot of inconvienience.why do they sell flights then cancel them.
I think they sell them and then cancel because it's not an exact science. How do they know say a year in advance what countrys are going to be popular the following summer. Destinations go in and out of fashion, new places come on the market, people fancy a change etc etc.

People are very keen on DIY to save money, but unfortunately it does mean if flight times change or worse still get cancelled, you sometimes have to alter your arrangements a bit. It's probably still cheaper than booking packages every year if you take a 5 year view.

Last year Thomson cancelled my Thomsonfly flight to Turkey and put us on a Mytravel plane, at a time about 8 hours adrift from the original I booked.

I must say with all the problems with environment/pollution, although its annoying I prefered this to Mytravel flying an half empty plane and Thomson flying an half empty plane.

Also flights would be so much more expensive, they are only cheap because we are all crammed in like sardines.
Can't say I am happy or impressed. I just got a letter to say they have changed my flight to the exact opposite of what it was and if I don't like the new flight I can have a refund. Great the flight isn't suitable and I have accom booked :?
Same thing happened to me flight brought forward by 13 hours, was due to fly out of manchester at 8.30pm now 7.00am the same day not to impressed as the return flight is in the middle of the night now insted of middle of the afternoon. :cry: and thats with Onu Air been with them before and never had this problem, travel company said that we could change airport if we want but thats not a option as all the other airports in the reigon are morning flights as well. Would have to go as far as Leeds/Bradford to get an evening fight out and a day flight retrun :cry:
Perrydog mine is Onur Air as well, and thats exactly the same problem we have, we can't have an early flight and don't want a flight in the middle of the night coming home as I have elderly parents :?

If I wanted that flight I would have booked it.

There must be some one I can complain to. Apart from the place I booked it.
Colette,where are you flying form and what day of the week, yes we do seem to have the same problem.
I did phome the tour operator and as I said I was offered a different airport thats all.
From Manchester on the 24th Sept think it's a monday

Well I was lol I am not blaming the tour operator I booked it with it's not there fault.

I looked at the alternative airports but Liverpool said they have a flight out and no return flight :shock:
As much as I am not happy about the new flights and they are completely unsuitable at least I am still going :D

At the end of the day thats whats important to me, just not looking forward to the flight home :shock:
Same here, its not ideal but will still definately be still going as I had a good price for the holiday :lol:
my excel flight in June looks fine from Bristol at the moment fingers crossed
my fc flight have just been cancelled and i was put on the manchester flight which is 2 1/2 hrs away and a day earlier, we were supposed to fly from birmingham, got no help from fc despite numerous calls they refused to move me to a nearer airport than manchester without at least £500 of charges, east mids, luton and gatwick are all nearer than manchester and they admitted there was available flights but only at huge costs, absolutely appalled by the way ive been treated by fc and i hope they dont change any more flights, these were booked and paid in full in sept. ive asked for a refund and rebooked with onur air so hope they dont mess me about now after reading some of the other posts grr
:D We booked with XL from Newcastle for July up to now ours is okay.

Flight is full so hopefully everything runs smoothly.

Last year our flight was cancelled from Teeside and transfered to Newcastle Flight which was a lot better times.

But it is annoying x

Happy Holidays Every one :lol:
My flight was changed from April 30th until April 29th, then I had another letter yesterday saying its changed from 21:00 until 22:20. Hopefully thats the last of the changes.

Mary x
it is really infuriating the way the tour companies can change your well laid plans then all you get is take it or leave it. Of course if we were to change or cancell any part of the holiday, we lose out big style

Ellie meg hopefully there will be no hicup with your Onur Air flight. I have flown with them several times and they are normally fine. No entertainment on the flight but soft drinks are free and the planes are usually fairly new

Stewart
I'm quite glad my flight to Croatia the year before last was cancelled......I wouldn't have discovered Turkey otherwise! :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.