Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
What arrangements are they making for you then ???
Hello,

Well on the letter I was going to post here, it say's they are unable to offer alternative flights, and to contact Customer Services Team to discuss what option are open for us.

Can see this is going to mess things up now.
Dont sound good does it !!!

Strange really though, i have travelled with Excel many times and never had a problem. Was this a DIY booking ?? or through a travel agent, the later would be good as they would have to sort it for you !!
No mate it was a DIY'er I better let John Toohey know :shock:
Oh dear, will be interesting to hear what they are prepared to do for you !!
Oh dear, that's terrible. You had better move fast and book alternative flights before everyone else on that flight snaps them up! BA seem cheapest at the moment from Gatwick.
It says in the letter that we are entitled to amend the booking free of charge or cancel free of charge.

All very well and good for them to say that when I have booked the apartments and now I can't find a flight for the times I have booked in at the Tuncay :?
I wander if I'll get my deposit back off John so I can rebook on another date :!:

http://www.picturepile.net/thumbs/kiozfmydtmyywiu3mjnz.jpg
Can you not fly from somewhere else ??
I'll have to ask her indoors micko when she gets in, I'll let you know shortly :wink:
Still advertising flights for them dates from Manchester through

http://www.travelrepublic.co.uk

might be worth a look.
Even if the flights you get are slightly different to what you have booked at the apartments, you could always stay somewhere else until your booking starts at the Tuncay.
Thanks micko for the link :wink:

sarong you don't know my missus, she won't re pack her suitcase until the day we come home so I know for fact she won't want to stay somewhere else then have to move a day or two later 8)
micko do you have a promo code for the Travel Republic site ?
My misses would not have done that either even though it wouldnt have bothered me in the slightest.
But none the less it is an option, especially if you cant change the hotel booking !!
No mate, i just looked on there sitee for flight only deals
Ok no problems, thanks anyway :wink:
Does that mean Excel are going out of the business dyou reckon, or is it just a cut down on flights. Might have a look around see whats going on :)
Im flying with FlyJet and there also a small company just hope everything goes to plan
It is probably just a case of the flight was not economical, possibly due to not being full.
We had a similar thing 3 years ago when we booked to go to the Greek Island of Aegina through KOSMAR. They cancelled the whole holiday as Athens airport trebled the landing fees. Did get 7 months ntice though which helped.
No problem with airline then just the cost, so went to Crete instead.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.