Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
Flight prices
14 Posts
Hi

I'm not sure what the Monarch plus service is? Can you elaborate. If you are looking for the cheapest flights, try using skyscanner. I had a quick look, chose Birmingham as the departing airport, and Tenerife south as the arrival airport. I put in the dates 7th to 14th November. The price it bought up for me was 110 pounds(on Monarch). On that basis, I'd say the cost you have been quoted is quite high, but then I don't know when you are flying, where from, how long you will be here or what the Monarch plus service is. These will all be a factor in the price.
says not available when i click on the birmingham link
Hi, we are going on 7th-21st from Manchester.Are you sure the price you got isnt for just one way?Monarch plus is a service where you get prebooked seats , an upgraded meal (whatever that is!) with wine and free inflight entertainment. I have looked on most airline sites where 2008 prices are available and that is about the best I have got so far, but it does seem a lot more expensive than last year.
from what i make out sundodgers price was for a one way flight
Those prices don't sound too bad. I usually pay £160-200 for Gatwick and around the £200 mark from East Midlands
I usually get my mums for around £150 each

if it doesn't have to be a friday then ryanair do some real cheap flights
Hi,

How did you get Nov08 prices - I can only get costs until Oct08?

Chris

Ps forget it - just found some Nov08 on Flightline.

pps - just to clarify 'monach plus' gives you extra benefits but for those with long legs it doesn't include extra legroom !!
I got the prices from Avro website.I would have waited for Ryanair prices to come out but I think they only fly on Saturdays from Manchester and most private apartment owners want Friday to Fiday bookings.
I would have waited for Ryanair prices to come out but I think they only fly on Saturdays from Manchester and most private apartment owners want Friday to Fiday bookings.

You're booking the wrong apartments then, we take bookings for any days. :wink:
We stay at Victoria Court 1 and they are also taking booking for any days as flights are now pretty much every day to Tenerife. Business is not that buoyant these days that they can afford to turn it away.

Chris
Hi

Just checked with Monarch on Tenerife flights for next October ,the flights only go up to October 25th,for the return.

The winter schedule is not due out till Feb for Luton so beware of booking on any other website as things may change.

Daveyboy

8)
We stay at Victoria Court 2, and they also will do apartments starting on any day. And for any length of time. As TFS1 says, a fair few airlines now fly every day to Tenerife. Do still notice on some of the letting sites that the changeover days are Fridays, or sometimes Tuesdays, but just thought that the owners did'nt really need to let the apartment. Might be losing bookings otherwise.
Gordon.
....I think a lot of it is just the growing awareness of how much of the rigid dicipline of set holiday dates has been swept away in recent years.
Now, in this day and age total flexibility is to be expected, and with the expansion of flights to the Island, it's possible that most owners will accomodate (sorry !) :roll: any day of the week for changeover...the only slight disadvantage is the increased possibility of overlapping requested dates.
The old saying that "the customer is always right" is just as true today as it ever was.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.