Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
flights for 2012
22 Posts
donnag83,

You're a little late in getting cheap flight now as they've been onsale a month so all the really cheap ones have gone. Try Aegean Flights or Airflights (for Onur Air), Thomas Cook or Thomson Airways. You don't have many options from Glasgow.

Darren
Hey. We normally fly from somewhere down south in the first couple of weeks of the scottish summer holidays. It can somtimes save a couple of hundred quid just on flights alone and that would include the travel down to manchester gatwick or newcastle! Last year everyone wanted just over £950 from glasgow but with us flying down staying over and coming back we got the whole lot for under £500. You might have to go a day shorter than your 2 weeks but to save money it might be an option. Im not saying im happyto do it but my girlfriend being a teacher its sometimes the best option.

Good luck
Graeme
Anyone interested Easyjet have released flights until end of June 2012 from airports except Gatwick. I have booked a good price from Bristol for half term.

Merged with existing topic. Dazbo HT Mod
aegeanflights have dropped their prices today for 2012,now cheaper than the day they went on sale !! :think
easyjet flights for that time of year will probably be on sale around end september time if anything like last year
did notice that aegean flights have dropped their flights prices i wonder why, Still wont be going with them next year the flight times back from dalaman are awful, rather pay more for a flight and get a decent time
For Glasgow & Edinburgh cheap flight departures remember to also check Jet2 as they now fly from there, we have booked flights to Turkey (Dalaman) with them for next year.
we have booked with Jet 2 from Manchester for next year, great flight times and picked seats also, paid alot more for them than normal though
More than likely no bugger was buying them, except for silly me! I was happy with the price until I have seen they have now dropped!!!... Oh well... Feel like being cheeky and calling them as I booked for 3 weeks and am coming back 4 day's after school starts. I am considering seeing what a cancelation and re-book would cost me... Depends if it's worth it or not. Tried calling today but the busy! Grr...
Ohhhh.... just noticed it's said ''swear''... just thought I'd say what I said to me was not a swear word, so apologies... :cheers
I guess we now know why the prices dropped!

Oh well... back to the drawing board, again.

KTHY bust for us in 2010. Now aegean for 2012... :cry :rofl One can only laugh...
Booked Easy Jet flights yesterday from Gatwick to Dalaman in June for £231 with luggage, today they are £347!!!!
I was checking Newcastle flights today for someone.
What I came up with, flying with Jet2.com.
Flight / Hold Luggage / Online check-in / seats for 2 people.
Day flights for 2 weeks, 2011
18th June to 2nd July.........................£639.88p ( £319.94 per person )
Aug 20th to 3rd Sept.........................£639.88p ( £319.94 per person )
Sept 3rd to 17th Sept....................... £599.88p ( £299.94 per person )
Then there is a booking fee of 3.60%
Card charges on top are:-
Debit card ................Free
Credit card........................3.60%
Pay-pal.............2%
..............................................................................................
So if you pay by credit card / then the booking fee you have a bill for
7.20%, then whatever your bank charges you interest. :cry
Booked my flights for next year, with Jet2.com.
East Midlands to Dalaman September 17 days.
£227.17p per person,includes flight / luggage / online check-in
seats / booking fee ....... :glynis
I booked 2 flights to Dalaman from Stansted,19th May til 1st June for £434 including 20kg luggage and booking charges,I was well pleased.
Put a claim in lastweek for the lost flights for this month and flights for Sept 2012, all the money was refunded back to our visa's yesterday :cheers
I'm having a nightmare finding flights for 2012. We want to fly 2nd June returning 9th June from either Stansted or Gatwick. I can't find anything under £350 per person - which is double what we paid this year!
Im nervous to book for 2012, after going out to Dalaman with Aegean Flights this year and them going into liquidatation whilst we were there, and last year we were with Goldtrail, and lost our flights altogether. Ive been looking at Jet2, who seem to have the best prices and times but I worry about how financially secure are they? :que
Mums The Word wrote:
Ive been looking at Jet2, who seem to have the best prices and times but I worry about how financially secure are they?

Jet2 are fine and you should have no worries booking with them.

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.