Spain - Balearics - Ibiza Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Ibiza.
I think you misread my post, I said AFTER September, I am looking for cheap flights in October
How do feel about a trip down to Manchester or Liverpool - may be your only chance of a cheaper flight.
Even then, some of the flights are stopping 1st and second week into October........

John
Jet2.com fly from Manchester all October and prices are not too bad!! We fly out 24th and come back 31st which is half term week. Think they also fly from Leeds Bradford which is a bit nearer to you!! Hope you get something sorted.
No direct flights at all from Glasgow after September, however there are plenty if indirect flights. At the moment you could pick up flights with Easyjet from Glasgow via Stansted for under 100 pounds.

I find the best way to check for cheap flights is to use http://www.skyscanner.net and, once you have selected departure and arrival airports, go the the calendar, click on the month you want to travel and, instead of selecting specific dates, click the "Whole month" option box at the bottom of the calendar. That will give you lowest available prices for each day of the month. I often fly Monday to Monday, or take 17 days instead of 14, if the flight price works out a lot cheaper.

I've looked up Glasgow to Ibiza for October, so here is a link to save you going through the routine. Hope it opens ok for you.

http://www.skyscanner.net/flights/gla/ibz/october-2009/october-2009/cheapest-flights-per-month-to-ibiza-from-glasgow-international-in-october-2009.html?di=0

JJ
I think you misread my post, I said AFTER September, I am looking for cheap flights in October

No I didn't misread your post I was letting you know that according to Glasgow airports website there is only Globespan operating to Ibiza and only for the summer.
Hi Glynis,

The Glasgow Airport website must have that wrong then, as Easyjet fly Glasgow to Ibiza direct from late June until end of August only.
An update for anyonyone interested in flying to Ibiza from Glasgow. Flyglobespan flights for this year & I assume next year as well will end on 31st August. I discovered very cheap flights with Ryanair flying from East Midlands airport, in fact, even including the overnight stay in a travelodge (this booking also includes up to 14 nights car parking)& the petrol money to and from East Midlands Airport, we have saved over £100 on the same trip last year when we flew from Glasgow. :D
tui not bad prices from ema.i am looking at 10 days maybe 26th sept 7th oct.£133.00 inc cases.doncaster might be bettter as well for anyone esle.trouble with ryanair is the times and weight of cases and hassle of the way you book with them.
The weight restrictions on Ryanair are the same as most budget airlines & flight times are fantastic compared to Flyglobespan, as we have always landed in the early hours, usually between 2-4am, however Ryanair flights land in Ibiza at lunchtime-ish and return to EMA at roughly the same time, great all round as long as they don't change the times!!!!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.