Malta and Gozo Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Malta and Gozo.
glasgow flights
10 Posts
Where did you find this information ?

Is it only for the winter season ? is this only for Air Malta or charter airlines also ?
:cry

Thats rubbish, apart from some charter airlines (who often used Air Malta) that was the only direct way we could get to Malta from Scotland.

I have never been on an Air Malta that wasn't full flying from Scotland, so why the change to include a stop at Heathrow ?

Think again Air Malta :tdown
Air Malta did exactly the same with the Newcastle flights. Last year they put on a stopover at East Midlands airport, then this year they've cancelled the flights completely. I was hoping to use Glasgow as an alternative next year. That's thrown a spanner in the works of next year's holiday plans!
So are you saying Air Malta have no flights leaving from Newcastle this year?Or have i got the wrong end of the stick just we have already been to Malta this year from Newcastle and have also booked our Xmas hols leaving from Newcastle both booked with Malta Direct and flying with Air Malta.
Air Malta website has "no information" on any flights to/from Newcastle. I looked at Malta Bargains and they seemed to be using XL Airways from Newcastle. Newcastle Airport website also has "no info" on Air Malta flights, so I am assuming that they are stopping at some point. I certainly can't find anything about them.
No you cant book Newcastle flights on the Air Malta website but Charter flights with Air Malta can still be booked like we do through Malta Direct.
I can only find XL Airways flights on that website as well. I really prefer Air Malta, I've never had a significant delay until the Newcastle flights started leaving at midnight - even that wasn't really a delay, it was an hour's stop at East Midlands. I'll keep looking!
malta direct have flights on a tuesday from glasgow via newcastle. the price is £223pp in march when we want to go .you have to purchase your food and drinks onboard.hope this helps.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.